1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD F/S Only: Ibanez SRT805DX - Neckthru Construction, Flame Maple Top & EMG 40DC Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassology, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassology

Bassology

Up for grab is a now discontinued Ibanez SRT805DX bass. It's constructed out of maple & bubinga thru neck with rosewood board and mahogany with flamed maple top body (not some cheap veneer, literally half of the top is maple). Electronics wise, it has EMG 40DC pickups and Ibanez's own 3-band Vari-Mid III active EQ.

The bass has a little thicker neck profile than a regular Ibanez Soundgear. The body shape is arched on the top and scooped on the back, very much like a Spector NS2, actually plays and sounds kinda like one too. Go figure. The scale is 34" with 17.5mm string spacing and the weight is 9.5lbs according to my bathroom scale.

Overall condition is 9/10, with only a tiny paint scrap on the back side, can probably be filled and buffed out by a good tech. Otherwise, the bass is clean and with no issue.

The bass does not come with a case nor gigbag, but will be packed well and insured. Looking for [DEL]$620[/DEL] SOLD fee free (ie, Cash, Postal MO, E-Check, etc...) shipped Canada and USA.

Attached Files:

2. Bassology

Bassology

More pics.......

Attached Files:

3. Skygoneblue

Skygoneblue

Wow, that's a killer price for this bass. Wish I could help you out man!

4. Bassology

Bassology

Thx bro :)
    This really is a great bass for the price. Spector lovers should really check this one out, it shares a lot of similarities to my old Euro 5.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    I've got one of these. Awesome 5er for Rock!

7. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

This is a cool bass, man I wish you were local!

8. Junk420

Junk420

where in Canada are you?

9. Bassology

Bassology

Vancouver, BC

10. Junk420

Junk420

damn, i'm travelling across Quebec and Southern Ontario this weekend. I was hoping I could get lucky and you would be somewhere on the way

11. Toptube

Toptube

bump

suggestion: post a pic of the side of the body so that people can see the front/back slabs and the cool veneer separation.

The clear coat on these things is mega durable.

12. Bassology

Bassology

Yes sir :D
    Check the slabs out!!!

Attached Files:

13. mccoyra

mccoyra Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sorry, Not too familiar with Ibanez but in the market for a BTB675 after playing one

14. JulianReynosoar

JulianReynosoar

Where are you? I may be interested

15. Bassology

Bassology

hmm be honest with you, having to have played a BTB675 at the store, these two basses are quite different.

1. SRT805DX has shorter scale at 34", and BTB675 is 35".
    2. SRT805DX uses US made EMG DC40 and BTB675 uses made in Korea Bartolini PUs.
    3. EQ/Preamp wise they are probably comparable or even the same.
    4. Strings spacing is smaller on SRT805DX (17.5mm) vs BTB675 (19mm).
    5. Finish wise, SRT805DX has high gloss finish instead of oil finish on BTB675.
    6. Playability, it would depend on you. SRT805DX has a smaller body/neck and curves in from the front to back (similar to Spector NS-2, and I find it very comfortable to play), and BTB675 has a bigger body/neck (a bit too large for me).

My opinion, they are both great basses for the buck.

I am in Vancouver, BC :)

16. mccoyra

mccoyra Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks for the feedback. That's very helpful I played the Ibby SR which has a smaller body and thinner spacing as well. SOunds like it may play more like that. My main focus is tone. I like the warmth and roundness of the Bart's in the btb.While I know the EMG's are probably "better" pups, I'm not sure of their tone (only because I haven;t heard them). I play a lot of styles in my cover band and the band hates the growl of my MIA Fender P-Bass deluxe. How's the tone of the EMG'S

Thanks

17. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

I've heard these EMGs be described as wide, big in the low end, more warm & less mid focused.

18. Bassology

Bassology

I have a Roscoe LG3005 w/ US Bart pickups, in comparison with EMG they actually sound more Precision like, partly due to Bart having a more low mid focus quality. EMG sounds to me much more open with a more define ultra low and high end, a bit scoop I would say.

19. Toptube

Toptube

If you compare the measurements, the SRT neck is similar to a standard Jazz neck, though it is slightly less thick and wide. But the SRT neck is also an extreme "D" shape. Its got more "shoulder" to it than a lot of basses I've played. I find this very comfortable for my thumb. The shape and thickness allow me to have a sure grip on the neck, without fatiguing my hand or having to squeeze overly tight.

*As far as these American EMGs in the SRT sound-----well they sound like EMGs. I mean the overall tone signature is E.M.G. to the fullest. It is a completely different sound from most other pickups. But within the realm of that sound, they have huge, ballsy, tight, deep low end. I wouldn't say the mids are scooped, especially with the vari-mid EQ, they are just very even. The highs are very unnatural, very modern, very compressed sounding. I didn't like them, but you can dial them in and out as much as you want.

20. Bassology

Bassology

Couldn't have said it better, thank you Toptube :)

21. Bassology

Bassology

Price dropped, now $560 shipped.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.