1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

F/S or F/T 2008 Pelosi Five String Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jeff Roller, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Previously rollerberg2000 Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Sadly, this bass is not getting any playing time due to my Dingwall addiction. It's passive, cops all the jazz tones and then some! Very slim, fast neck, low action and sustain for days. I bring it to my Classic Rock Oldies gig and they love it! Very warm and wooly when needed, and very growly when pushed. It is set up with brand new Circle K roundwounds, if you haven't tried them, I suggest getting a set to see what everyone is talking about. On top of all that, it really is one of the most beautiful collection of woods I've ever played, you can look at this bass every day and see a new detail you missed the day before!

Ideally would like to sell, but will trade for the right bass. Here are the particulars, including at the bottom, info from the builder himself.

Make: Pelosi 5 string electric bass
    Strings: 5
    Year: 2008
    Color: Natural
    Top: Exhibition grade Koa
    Body: Korina
    Scale: 35” jumbo frets, AAAAA Bubinga, bound with Kingwood
    Spacing: 17mm
    Pickups: Pelosi hand-wound single coil, handmade bobbins
    Electronics: Pelosi passive
    Hardware: ABM uni-bridges, Gotoh tuners, black
    Condition: Near Mint
    Straplocks: Flush Mount Dunlops

This bass was completed between December of 07 and sometime in winter 08. This bass listed at about $2,800 at a NAMM show. It would easily cost $3,300 for me to build this bass for someone now.
    The top is cabinet grade koa that I bought from a place out west, can't remember where. I got a ton of it for about $500.00. That would easily fetch $1,800 now. The side wings are korina from Exotic Woods in New Jersey. The back laminates are Sapele aka "African Mahogany". The zebrawood was from a great lumber yard in Brooklyn, Adriatic lumber. I remember the sapele on the back was from a piece I had that was too lightly colored for most applications but matched up great for this bass. Center stripe on back is padauk. All the wenge on the bass was from Brooklyn.
    The pickups are handwound on bobbins I had custom made...actually I think this bass had maple bobbins I handmade in my shop. The fingerboard wood is bubinga I bought off of ebay! It was a really great deal, beautiful stuff. All the wood was re-sawn and cut in my shop.

Cash price is 1500.00 shipped, or I'm looking for 2000.00 trade value. Okay, I'm kidding myself, I'm only interested in Dingwall fivers, if it sells that's what I'm buying. If I trade for anything else, I would likely be unhappy until I sold it and got the Dingwall! On with the pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!
  2. Jeff Roller

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

The only modification made to this bass was a set of flush mount Dunlop strap locks I had sitting around. I think singlecuts especially look good with flush mounts!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. thomasjbass

thomasjbass Supporting Member

Rating - 98.7%
    80   1   1

Bump for my old bass and an absolute tone monster!!
  4. BadJazz

BadJazz

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

5. Jeff Roller

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I really like those and wish I could play one! Got to try one out at a DC GTG and had not the talent needed lol. But thanks for the offer, that is a fine instrument!
  6. Jeff Roller

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Sweet Pelosi bump!
  7. Kenthor

Kenthor Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Something exotic. Azola EUB?
  8. Jeff Roller

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Is it a five string? Pics?
  9. 3rdWatch

3rdWatch Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I'm interested, I'd be willing to trade a stambaugh 5, or pay cash
  10. Jeff Roller

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

All PM's replied to, still up for grabs! As with anything I sell, I offer a 48 hour test drive. If it doesn't grab you, return it in the condition I sent it, pay the postage and I'll refund your money, or trade as the case may be. Buy with confidence, I have a host of guys on here who will vouch for me!
  11. Jeff Roller

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Money on the way, this one is going to a good home!

Love TB, everyone I've dealed with on here are superb gentlemen, bar none!

Closing the thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.