1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

F/S: Sadowsky Metro Will Lee 4 - CAR

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by emart, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emart

emart Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

For sale is a Sadowsky Metro Will Lee 4-string in candy apple red finish, alder body with a beautiful morado fingerboard. The bass is in excellent condition and shows minimal signs of wear. This has been my main 4-string for most of the past year, the action is very low and it plays like butter. Currently strung with new Markley SR2000 strings. The bass wears a Sadowsky white pearl pickguard that I installed. The original white pickguard comes with the bass.

The bass has 3-4 fine scratches on the back near the control cavity which can only be seen when looking closely or when the light is at the correct angle, and a couple of small nicks on the top of the headstock. There is one small imperfection in the finish on the bottom of the body, and one very slight depression on the side of the neck at the 11th fret which can be barely felt (didn't know it was there myself until today). There is some very minor fret wear. Overall I would estimate the condition to conservatively be 8.5/10.

Specs:
    FINISH | Candy apple red
    BODY | Alder
    NECK | Maple
    FINGERBOARD | Morado, 12" radius 1.45 nut width
    PICKGUARD | White pearl
    HARDWARE | Chrome with D-tuner
    PICKUPS | Sadowsky single coil
    PREAMP | Sadowsky Preamp with Vintage Tone Control and mid-boost circuit
    STRINGS | Markley SR2000

Weight is 9.10 lbs. on my digital scale

PHOTOS here.

Comes in a Sadowsky soft case in very good condition.

Price is $2000, plus shipping. Conus only.

An identical pre-owned WL-4 can be found on Sadowsky's website for $2475. (Here)

NO trade offers please, I'm thinning the herd…

Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    131   0   0

3. THORRR

THORRR Supporting Member Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Can you tell me what year it was built?

Was it Plekked?

Does it have the Graphite in the neck?

and am I understanding correctly that it comes with both the pearl and the original plain white pickguard?

Thx

:bassist:
  4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    86   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:
    Metros do not have graphite reinforced necks and they aren't pleeked unless it was done after it was purchased elsewhere
  5. THORRR

THORRR Supporting Member Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

6. emart

emart Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

That's all correct. This bass has not been PLEK'd or had any modifications done (other than the pickguard), and Metros have no graphite reinforcement in the neck. Roger doesn't use the PLEK machine on any of his instruments. Not that the neck needs the graphite, this is among the most stable necks I've owned. The action is very low at the moment.

It comes with both pickguards. It was built in 2010.
  7. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    86   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:
    I've owned a couple dozen Sadowskys and its my opinion that the Will Lee's have the most playable neck profile of any of his basses

Rob
  8. soxhats

soxhats Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

GLWTS to a man who sure has great taste in basses... I played a Will Lee Metro in a guitar store a few months back and would concur 100 percent with the "butter" description.
  9. emart

emart Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Sunday bump.
  10. emart

emart Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.