SOLD F/S Very Rare 80's Jaydee Series II Session

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassman28, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

You very rarely see these at all and none like this.New one's are almost a 2 year wait time.This is a vintage gem, a Jaydee Series II Session.
    Not your common JD as includes a few upgrades, this bass was built for a friend in early '80s by master luthier John Diggins in UK, a great example of how a JD should play and sound, it has THAT sound that made Mark King and the bass itself famous in those Level 42 early days.
    It ha a mahogany body with walnut top and back laminations, neck is a sandwich of mahogany, maple and walnut, fretboard is ebony with the classic mother of pearl Saturn inlays, brass hardware with Schaller tuners. The headstock has a walnut lamination with binding and also MOP JD logo to make it fancy.It has some minor wear but nothing bad and frets are great,plays like a dream.
    Electronic consist of master volume and tone, p/up selector, bass/mids/treble, active/passive switch, 2 coil tap switches and a 3 pin alternative input. It also has a side fiber optic feature at the fret markers,P.S.(I replaced the LED's and they work much better now)Green LED-passive and Red LED active*Comes with a sturdy flight case. It just sits in the case and I'd rather someone own it to play it. No trades $1875 shipped west coast ad $25 because of the anvil case.That includes packing,shipping and paypal.Any trade would have to net me at least $1000.The $1875 is a cash price,the trade value is $2250

2. bassman28

3. bassman28

4. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses

Still one of my favorites!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassman28