1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

F/S Very Rare 80's Jaydee Series II Session

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassman28, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

You very rarely see these at all and none like this.New one's are almost a 2 year wait time.This is a vintage gem, a Jaydee Series II Session.
    Not your common JD as includes a few upgrades, this bass was built for a friend in early '80s by master luthier John Diggins in UK, a great example of how a JD should play and sound, it has THAT sound that made Mark King and the bass itself famous in those Level 42 early days.
    It ha a mahogany body with walnut top and back laminations, neck is a sandwich of mahogany, maple and walnut, fretboard is ebony with the classic mother of pearl Saturn inlays, brass hardware with Schaller tuners. The headstock has a walnut lamination with binding and also MOP JD logo to make it fancy.It has some minor wear but nothing bad and frets are great,plays like a dream.
    Electronic consist of master volume and tone, p/up selector, bass/mids/treble, active/passive switch, 2 coil tap switches and a 3 pin alternative input. It also has a side fiber optic feature at the fret markers,P.S.(I replaced the LED's and they work much better now)Green LED-passive and Red LED active*Comes with a sturdy flight case. It just sits in the case and I'd rather someone own it to play it. No trades $1875 shipped west coast ad $25 because of the anvil case.That includes packing,shipping and paypal.Any trade would have to net me at least $1000.The $1875 is a cash price,the trade value is $2250
  2. bassman28

3. bassman28

4. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses

Still one of my favorites!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassman28