1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

F/T: Walkabout for 70's Ampeg V4B

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by slapstick13, Nov 10, 2013.

1. slapstick13

slapstick13 Supporting Member

I have a Mesa Walkabout head, silverface, in great condition that I'm looking to trade for a 70s Ampeg v4b head. Other than some minor scratches on the top of the head, its in excellent condition. All the pots are smooth as butter and the amp sounds amazing. I got this amp from a fellow TB'er and he had the upgraded, quieter fan installed. It's dead silent. I'm located in central New Jersey(07720) if anyone wants to do a local deal, but I'll ship also.

Attached Files:

• WA.jpg
      WA.jpg
      File size:
      106.1 KB
      Views:
    • WA2.jpg
      WA2.jpg
      File size:
      112.8 KB
      Views:
  2. 77PBass

77PBass Supporting Member

Interesting. I have both. I bought the Walkabout because it sounded the closest to my V4B. They both have a somewhat compressed power section sound that is old skool.

GLWTT
  3. slapstick13

Yea both great amps. I'm just gassing for all tube after I played a mid70s v4b at a gig and now I'm obsessed!
  4. SeismicAssault

SeismicAssault Supporting Member

Any interest in just selling this?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. slapstick13

Quite possibly. If I find a 70s v4b at a reasonable price I'd def sell the walkabout.
  7. slapstick13