1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fair price on used 98 Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fletz, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

My local guitar guy has a fairly used 1998 Gibson thunderbird. It's been loved. Nicks. Scratches. Wear. Not ugly at all - just well played for 15 years. He's asking $900 with OHSC. Is that a good price?
  2. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Thats not bad, I bought a 2001 in similar described shape for $900, a 1988 for $850, and recently MF had new ones for $825 and I grabbed one of those.

All are gone now but they all sold for what I paid or a little more.
  3. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

They have it tagged at 1199 which I know is crazy.
  4. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

I could probably turn it over here on talkbass if I don't love it and not lose much at that price I'm guessing then. That's kinda my concern.