1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fairfield the accountant

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DirtyDuke, Nov 8, 2013.

1. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member

I just picked one up. Does anyone know anything about them. I was in a store in ottawa discussing talkbass and buying pedals when the guy dropped it on the counter.

So after calling Scott the guy from Fairfield at his cottage to get a price. I bought it and a barbershop.

2. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

You might just be one of the first to get one. I didn't know they were available yet. I'll be interested to see a bongo review. Love the Barbershop.

3. DirtyDuke

They were delivered today. The store I got it at us 10 min from Fairfield. It is so new it wasn't even in the computer. They calledvyhe builder to get va price

4. Down_Low

Down_Low

So what do you think?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cnltb

cnltb

Looks great and I really like the clips I've seen of it. Been in touch with Guillaume as well.
    It seems to do more than just compress the tone. Giving it a certain...

I may of course be wrong!

A review - once you've spent a little time with it would be much appretiated!

7. DirtyDuke

Ok. So I only have my enabler with me but so far the accountant is the real deal.

Based on how small it is I thought ot might be ok but loose a lot of low end. Not the case.

It does color your sound a little but not much and in a good way. Smoother and fuller.

The controls are very basic switches and easy to use. They do work tho!!!! I was not expecting this many different options. But am really impressed. Light to limiting. Its there.

All in all. I like this pedal a lot. It won't knock my fea off my board but if I had it a few compressors ago I might have stopped looking.

For all you nano board guys. This is your new compressor. This will be staying on a smaller board I am planning.

I am not bongo by any stretch. Dude can hear and describe things I only wish I could.

But based on the ease of use. Functions , size and quality. This is a great little compressor. It is better than most compressors I have owned over the years that were twice the price and 8 times the size.

Nice work! !! Thanks to the guys at spaceman in ottawa ontario gor going the extra mile so I could get this little guy.

8. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

Thanks for the review! I think I may just jump on the pre-order, which is apparently still running, and give it a shot. Just took a look at their demo vid, and that sounds pretty nice. Right up my alley.

9. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Very cool. :) One is on the way to me soon.

10. cnltb

cnltb

your "enabler"?

11. DirtyDuke

3 leaf headphone pre di. I tried the accountant at thr store. Im about 5 hrs from home working do I have no way of testing with my rig at stage volume

12. cnltb

cnltb

Ah ok. :)

13. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I broke down and ordered one this morning. :)

14. DirtyDuke

I think you'll like it. Careful u can push into distortion territory if u overload it

15. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I am planning on putting it at the beginning of the chain after the MThump so I should be fine. When I get an FEA Labs unit, I will maybe move it further down. I actually already got the shipping notification so it should be here this week.

I was just so blown away with the Barbershop that I had to try this one, even if just to encourage a builder that is like an hour and a half from here.

16. cnltb

cnltb

Will that hurt the pedal though?
    I guess if the overloading sounds cool it may be a useful 'extra feature' :).

17. TheButlerdidit

TheButlerdidit Supporting Member

I just bought one to go on my Nano board. Gonna leave the Diamond comp on my PTjr board.

18. DirtyDuke

No I dont think it will hurt the pedal. With both toogles at 2 it will distort easily.

Fairfield kinda hinted at it in the review I saw online.

I am loving this. From barely there to syrupy its there

19. eeyorebass

eeyorebass

I wonder if it can handle being run at a higher voltage? Might that improve the headroom?

20. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Man, this pedal has the Empress comp on my Nano sweating bullets...:help:

I'm still holding out a bit longer until the verdict is out on Bongo's site, though.

21. insomniac2295

insomniac2295

I'm an accounting major. Do I get a discount if I pass the CPA?