1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fairfield the accountant

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DirtyDuke, Nov 8, 2013.

1. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member

I just picked one up. Does anyone know anything about them. I was in a store in ottawa discussing talkbass and buying pedals when the guy dropped it on the counter.

So after calling Scott the guy from Fairfield at his cottage to get a price. I bought it and a barbershop.
  2. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

You might just be one of the first to get one. I didn't know they were available yet. I'll be interested to see a bongo review. Love the Barbershop.
  3. DirtyDuke

They were delivered today. The store I got it at us 10 min from Fairfield. It is so new it wasn't even in the computer. They calledvyhe builder to get va price
  4. Down_Low

Down_Low

So what do you think?
  5. cnltb

cnltb

Looks great and I really like the clips I've seen of it. Been in touch with Guillaume as well.
    It seems to do more than just compress the tone. Giving it a certain...

I may of course be wrong!

A review - once you've spent a little time with it would be much appretiated!
  6. DirtyDuke

Ok. So I only have my enabler with me but so far the accountant is the real deal.

Based on how small it is I thought ot might be ok but loose a lot of low end. Not the case.

It does color your sound a little but not much and in a good way. Smoother and fuller.

The controls are very basic switches and easy to use. They do work tho!!!! I was not expecting this many different options. But am really impressed. Light to limiting. Its there.

All in all. I like this pedal a lot. It won't knock my fea off my board but if I had it a few compressors ago I might have stopped looking.

For all you nano board guys. This is your new compressor. This will be staying on a smaller board I am planning.

I am not bongo by any stretch. Dude can hear and describe things I only wish I could.

But based on the ease of use. Functions , size and quality. This is a great little compressor. It is better than most compressors I have owned over the years that were twice the price and 8 times the size.

Nice work! !! Thanks to the guys at spaceman in ottawa ontario gor going the extra mile so I could get this little guy.
  7. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

Thanks for the review! I think I may just jump on the pre-order, which is apparently still running, and give it a shot. Just took a look at their demo vid, and that sounds pretty nice. Right up my alley.
  8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Very cool. :) One is on the way to me soon.
  9. cnltb

cnltb

your "enabler"?
  10. DirtyDuke

3 leaf headphone pre di. I tried the accountant at thr store. Im about 5 hrs from home working do I have no way of testing with my rig at stage volume
  11. cnltb

cnltb

Ah ok. :)
  12. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

I broke down and ordered one this morning. :)
  13. DirtyDuke

I think you'll like it. Careful u can push into distortion territory if u overload it
  14. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

I am planning on putting it at the beginning of the chain after the MThump so I should be fine. When I get an FEA Labs unit, I will maybe move it further down. I actually already got the shipping notification so it should be here this week.

I was just so blown away with the Barbershop that I had to try this one, even if just to encourage a builder that is like an hour and a half from here.
  15. cnltb

cnltb

Will that hurt the pedal though?
    I guess if the overloading sounds cool it may be a useful 'extra feature' :).
  16. TheButlerdidit

TheButlerdidit Supporting Member

I just bought one to go on my Nano board. Gonna leave the Diamond comp on my PTjr board.
  17. DirtyDuke

No I dont think it will hurt the pedal. With both toogles at 2 it will distort easily.

Fairfield kinda hinted at it in the review I saw online.

I am loving this. From barely there to syrupy its there
  18. eeyorebass

eeyorebass

I wonder if it can handle being run at a higher voltage? Might that improve the headroom?
  19. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Man, this pedal has the Empress comp on my Nano sweating bullets...:help:

I'm still holding out a bit longer until the verdict is out on Bongo's site, though.
  20. insomniac2295

insomniac2295 Supporting Member

I'm an accounting major. Do I get a discount if I pass the CPA?