1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Fairfields Circuitry Barbershop OD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Zooberwerx, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

**SOLD**

Bought this bad boy a few months back, velcro'd it to my pedalboard, and used it...maybe twice. Great overdrive pedal but I have little if any use with my current band project (...going on 8 years). I should know better but I have this impulsive streak. Excellent / near-mint and comes with...wait for it...nothing else. Manual is on-line and I did not receive a wall-wart with it. I'll ship via USPS priority mail w/ delivery confirmation. Snag it for $130. I'll also consider trade-bait for something I can actually use, like a compressor, hardware, etc. I swiped this photo from Aaron:

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Riis

2. hobbes1

hobbes1

Hi. What is the Barbershop comparable to, in your opinion, from a tone perspective?
    Thanks

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Hey, neighbor!

I'm the last person you want to ask about "compare / contrast" with other OD's. I know virtually nothing but I do value the opinions of others, hence the purchase. I will say this: the BS provides a very natural soft break-up with being rude or obtrusive. I have it set as such and kick it in on rare occasion as an adjunct when either soloing or during a particularly raucous tune. The only thing I'd be able to compare it to is the "drive" level on my SansAmp products. Same basic concept but with a different tonal character. I actually run it before my compressor but that's a matter of personal preference. Granted, I'm a little biased but I'd recommend the Barbershop for just about any application. It's a great OD and a "safe buy" IME. I believe a newer revision has been introduced but "new & improved" sometimes escapes me!

FWIW, I'm a sucker for decent compressors and possibly a pedal-format preamp (think: WTDI).

Riis

4. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

There aren't many pedals you can compare to the Barbershop - though the Greedtone is one I've heard compared before. It's an extremely transparent overdrive. As opposed to most dirt pedals that impart their own tone and color your signal, the Barbershop just sounds like your amp is being pushed a little harder. The sag knob allows you to dial in a very tube like compression. I love it on both bass and guitar, it's my go to sound for that little extra umph that I need in certain spots of songs. I use it combination with a VT Bass or B7K. Highly recommended!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. icke2433

icke2433 Supporting Member

It's a great pedal, ha this been up a week ago I'd have bought it from the tb family. Mine came in friday and I played a show with it, awesome sounding pedal.

7. Durden26

Durden26 Supporting Member

I need a shave and haircut...send that B to Texas. PM incoming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.