FAME BASSES

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Robersh, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Robersh

Robersh

2. Lackey

Lackey

Welcome to TB. I'm stateside and probably know less than others, but I've never heard of Fame, although I imagine it's just your standard MM copy made by Samick or somebody like that. Probably an ok bass, but it might suck too....
  3. cgordonfreeman

cgordonfreeman

I think the Fame basses are made by a polish company called Mayones. I know the higher end 'Baphomet' warwick copies are anyway. Never played one but they look nice. Could be worth a look. I'm sure other european users could give you more info though.
  4. lousybassplayer

lousybassplayer

Is it still a long long way to Tipperary if you live there? I have always wondered this.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

Welcome to TalkBass.

I pretty much doubt that the bass in Your link is actually of European mfg.

Fame is a Musicstore house brand, and they slap the "Fame-badge" to almost anything from the Orient they sell. It's like Harley-Benton with Thomann.

That said I bought a Fame rebranded Smarvo BVH300 bass amp and I've been extremely happy about the purchase.

For that price, even though I've never held one in my hands, I'd pass.

Regards
    Sam
  7. wizay

wizay

get a SX :bassist:
  8. cgordonfreeman

cgordonfreeman

Well to be honest I live in Cork now so tipperary is about 90 miles away. Long enough if you don't drive :) I really should update my profile info...

Back on topic, my guitarist got a Fame all valve hand wired guitar amp and it's actually very nice.