1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Family holiday fun and madness

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Dec 2, 2013.

1. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.."

Holiday stories, I know we all have them. Some great and some awful.
    For me it's simple things that I remember fondly. I used to hitchike the 400 miles from San Francisco to L.A. for the holidays. I spent one night at a remote freeway offramp watching cars drive by. There was a large tree nearby and it was great when all the birds started singing to welcome the new dawn.
    Back then most of my family didn't want me around too much except for one elderly mother-in-law. She always made me feel welcome and would put my nephews in my lap much to the dismay of my brothers.:p Going to her house was always the highlight of my trip.
    This year I got to welcome a nephew who has been having his issues and avoiding the family. :hyper:
    I love getting together with the family.We laugh, eat, tell stories and shout at each other over board games. "You won't sell me Boardwalk? C'mon cut loose Mr. cheapskate."
    Then there is my niece, husband and two young boys staying with us. Her husband is one of the most negative people I have ever met. Nothing is ever good enough.:meh: I have spent the week trying to help my niece and keep her two sons from destroying my house. She is in her 40's and trying to raise two very young rambunctious/rebellious boys by herself. Her husband is no help at all. I love this girl and want to help her but I can only do so much. My son took my wife aside and told her to let it go. We are not going to have too much influence on her boys in one week. He's right, that attitude really took a load off. For now it is damage control and then de-tox when her Mr. Happy husband goes back home.
    What about you? Did uncle Percy sneeze in the cranberry sauce. Did aunt Henrietta take a shower in cheap cologne before coming over and then gift everyone with the same Eau-de-Walmart?
  2. bassteban

bassteban

We're having a pleasant h-day season (I say Merry Christmas, just not yet) come hades or clogged toilets. I declare it, and thank you for asking