Fashion advice please

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Nov 19, 2012.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Media:
    Would this shirt leave me looking like a dairy cow?

[​IMG]
  2. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Banned

Yeah, don't get that. Get a green suit, white shirt and red bowtie instead. And a crown, don't skip on the crown.

Edit: hey you just changed the picture from some weird lady villain to an actual shirt!?

[​IMG]
  3. MAJOR METAL

Media:
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

You'll be able to pull it off now that you lost all that weight. Before that, not so much.

On a side note, I'm not a fan of shirts with two chest pockets so I wouldn't wear that particular one.

-Mike
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. CocoBass19

CocoBass19

I don't think so! Logger shirts are totally appropriate for the cold months.
    I love those shirts but you just have to pair them properly! You can wear a white shirt under it with fitted/skinny dark blue.. or grey jeans with them. Just don't make it look to outdoors-y with a bandana or anything like that. And a nice pair of boots. Do men call them shoe-booties too? Hopefully you know what I mean :) good luck.
  7. blastoff99

blastoff99

Heeeeee's a lumberjack and he's okay!

:D
  8. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

It depends what you wear with it.
    With winter coming I would wear it with a black long sleeve T under it and a pair of black Levi's and some black Chuck's.
  9. basstotheface

basstotheface

Nice winter shirt.

May I ask where you got it?
  10. pie_man_25

pie_man_25

I say avoid the skinny jeans, skinny jeans and plaid/flannel shirts seems a bit too "hypster". Also, as far as I know, men don't call them shoe-booties too, I've never heard the term before in my life. I have a couple of large plaid flannel shirts, I would fit a small or medium, they're comfortable to wear on top of a t-shirt if I'm feeling cold - they aren't much of a fashion statement IMO. Good to have when it's chilly though. While not much of a fashion statement, I like them better than hoodies - but I tend not to wear either of them out too much to an occaision where I care what I look like, then I usually get a nice dark t-shirt and wear a long sleeve shirt underneath - last year for hallowe'en I was dressed up as sheldon cooper, and that concept kinda stuck with me.
  11. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

No, it'll make you look like Adam Maitland- Alec Baldwin's character in 'Beetlejuice'.
  12. knumbskull

knumbskull

nah it's fine. i wouldn't go with white for a lumberjack-style shirt myself, but it doesn't look especially bovine either ;)
  13. MAJOR METAL

Media:
    Thanks everyone. I was considering the purchase of this particular shirt, but need some feedback as I have never worn this particular color scheme. I can not recommend this brand enough for flannel shirts, they are called Field & Stream. Check Ebay, they come in some pretty cool plaid designs. :cool:
  14. pflash4001

pflash4001

I've never seen a plaid cow before. Do you by chance like to press wildflowers and have buttered scones for tea?
  15. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem. Gold Supporting Member

No - this shirt will make you look like a cow. I grew up on a farm. Cows don't come in plaid print.

[​IMG]

The plaid will make you look like you know how to stay warm. But, don't wear it with white or gray. Black shirt under it. Dark blue or black jeans. No skinny jeans. And, if you must do the man-scarf, make sure it's plain black.
  16. MAJOR METAL

Media:
    I could make for a convincing Dalmatian in that shirt! :D
  17. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Kevin, I would have no qualms about wearing that shirt at all. It looks right comfy.

If the shirt fits, wear it!
  18. nutso42

nutso42

Do you need advice on shrinking the size down?

:p
  19. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

Is that Lieutenant Tasha Yar with Romulan ears? How did that happen?
  20. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem. Gold Supporting Member

LOL. I wasn't gonna go there - I thought it was a discussion about dairy cows. :p And now you have me thinking about fresh butter and how good it goes on waffles. :meh: I haven't had waffles since July when I started my diet. I miss waffles.
  21. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

wear the shirt or mail it to me. only two acceptable options.