Favorite amps under $1000

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by SpaceCadetVibe, Mar 8, 2014.

1. SpaceCadetVibe

SpaceCadetVibe

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Marco Bass Guitars
    Hello Talk Bass Community, I have been recently talking to a lot of different people and it is obvious that the light weight amp heads are here to stay, and I am thankful for this. If you have been following they have definitely been getting more and more popular throughout the years and every major Brand seems to have there own version. I'm posting this to get a genuine feel for the best ones out there. Let me know what you think and participation is appreciated.

Currently I am playing an Epifani Piccolo 600. This is a solid head for anyone who has not gotten a chance to play it and I can't wait for the release of the 1000 watt model.

Next on my list is Vivid Amps, I have recently started working with this company, and they are amazing. Made in America a very affordable and solid amp weighing in under 5 lbs. For those of you going to TalkBass seattle I will be there with the owner of Marco Bass Guitars and Vivid amps. Come check us out to see the difference for yourself.

Please let me know what your favorite amp heads are and for what reason. Whether it is power, tone or how easy it is to transport. Thank you.:cool:
  2. Alexander

Alexander

Mesa Walkabout - it's not a super lightweight/compact head, but certainly reasonable. You probably won't get one under $1k unless it's used, but I've seen really great deals on them. I think people flip them a lot because of their low power rating. Not much clean headroom for sure, but amazingly rich tone if you don't mind a bit of grit. With my 212, it is loud enough for pretty much anything I do.
  3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

If it says Genz-Benz on it, it's worth considering. I've been playing a Shuttle 6.0 for the past three years, and just got a Shuttle 6.2 (only because I got a screamin' deal.)

Light, great power, super sound, versatile, tube preamp. everything I want is there.