1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Favorite knob-twiddling freak out pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jumblemind, Jul 23, 2013.

1. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

What is your favorite knob-twiddler freak out pedal? As in, not a pedal you just stomp and play but a pedal that lets you tweak knobs during the song to get crazy sounds.

2. bassicmelodies

bassicmelodies

mf-102 ring mod, until i get my delay

3. Slough Feg Bass

Slough Feg Bass

to get crazy feedback & oddities sometimes I drive the front end of the tonehammer very hot, w/ the AGS activated, boost a bit of treble, and run that into a chorus...then I can play with the chorus rate to make it warble up and down and get fun sounds from the feedback.

I have an old 70's unit called a Quadra Sound Blender, that is basically a tremelo/echo/reverb unit that I can thrash around to get some Floyd like sounds...I can do the One Of These Days sound with that pretty well. it also feeds back as much or as little as I want it to, and I can crash the reverb rather easily by jiggling it around with the handle.
    Some wild stuff in some of the improv parts in my surf band.

4. SolarMan

SolarMan Supporting Member

The MXR Carbon Copy can get some far out sounds going on.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Gnomeratron VTF is fun for knob twiddling noise making fun. There's a few different ways to make it oscillate and you can "play" different pitches by twiddling knobs and flicking switches. Good times. Delay pedals are fun too.

7. propellerroom

propellerroom

Roland RE 20 space echo

8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Nothing too great, but Ive used my Phaser and my Stereo Pulsar as knob twiddlers at various times.

9. bassbrad

bassbrad

Modded Bass Balls or Bass Micro Synth