1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

fEARful™ Part Ten (10)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by greenboy, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenboy

greenboy

Disclosures:
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
  2. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

fearfuls sound good i hear around these here parts

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

4. Interceptor

Interceptor Supporting Member

continued from thread nine.

I hear you loud and clear. I'll abandon the wiki idea for prep and finish.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Foz

Foz

does this thread go to 11?

7. WCunha

WCunha

Hell Yeah!

8. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

I was wondering how many fEarfuls exist for going on ten thousand posts. That's a lot of talking bass. Chime in if you've got one, lets see if we can get a number.

I've got a 3015LF sourced thanks to Duke and 1-15" sub in the works. Passinwind with the low pass parts. Cabinet building weather is right around the corner!

A picture for the record: my 15/6/1, the GK 1001 rb 2 and a Dingwall Super J 5er.

The fEarful has been the single biggest improvement in my sound since the Dingwalls. You can have the best playing basses in the world, and the fEarful will bring every last bit of it out.

Or, you can meet up with some POS backline Fender amp and wonder what happened to your sound. fEarful, don't leave home without it!

Thanks to Greenboy, Passinwind, Burningskies, Duke and all the other folks who are helping push the limits to new places.

Attached Files:

9. thudfromafar

thudfromafar Supporting Member

10. Billy Low

Billy Low

Disclosures:
    Sandberg Guitars
    Looking for a one cab 4 ohm replacement for my Eden D410T...Any suggestions (1515/66 can be a consideration)?

11. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Either a 1212 or a 1515 would work. You might also consider the new Avatar fEARful variant, the TB153, which does come as a 4ohm cab at a reasonable price.

12. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

13. Billy Low

Billy Low

Disclosures:
    Sandberg Guitars
    Thanks...might have to roll with the 1515. I need abit more than what my single 410 is giving me. Granted, it is an 8 ohm cab, I really need to take advantage of my both of my amps capabilities. I have an EVO 900 that is begging to be pushed!

14. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are.

+1 on the prep/finish wiki.

15. fookgub

fookgub

Mine's done. Huge thanks to greenboy for making these plans available! The 15/6 mops the floor with my old setup. I included a 4-space rack on mine.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Nice Dingwall! Cool texture, is that Duratex?

Did you make lids for the rack space?

What does it weigh with the whole package together?

That is a very nice job.

17. Foz

Foz

Nice texture - but matching the grill to the color of the bass - whoa! - that's downtown cool.

18. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

19. WCunha

WCunha

Here's a better picture. The bathroom scale says they 50lbs.

[​IMG]

20. fookgub

fookgub

Yes, Duratex. Great stuff -- super easy to apply. I rolled it on with AcryTech's textured roller. I've sprayed other bedliner-type finishes before with worse results (and more work and more mess).

No lids for the rack space as of yet. I may make some if it turns out to be an issue, but I'm not playing out right now so it's a low priority.

No idea what it weighs. It's definitely heavy, despite the 1/2" construction and neodymium woofer. The amp, tuner, and everything else rack related probably add about 15 lbs to the standard fEarful 15/6 weight. I'll post back with a number if I end up buying a scale today.

Actually, I just happened to have a can of red Hammerite kicking around the shop. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but I do like how it came out. We'll call it a happy accident ;)

I had the same idea for the jack plate, but the it was going to be a tight fit. The Carvin is a good bit deeper than my GK was. Doable, but I would have had to make up some extra short cables to really take advantage of it. Still, it would be pretty cool to be able to leave everything hooked up. I'd also like to get a 1U rack drawer to hold cables and stuff, but I'm afraid it would rattle (that Korg DTR-2 already rattles badly on a couple notes).

Thanks for creating the wiki page. I'll add some more pictures to it later today or tomorrow.

21. Johnny Atomic

Johnny Atomic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.