1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

fEARful 12/6 for PA?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by MVE, Dec 16, 2013.

1. MVE

MVE Supporting Member

Anyone have any experience with the 12/6 as a PA speaker?

I was thinking of building a pair for general PA use. (Obviously the 3-way version.)

How do vocals sound through them?

Are there better options? Should I just get a cheap set of used yamahas or jbls instead?
  2. MVE

MVE Supporting Member

Sorry, I probably should have put this question in the Live Sound forum.
    My apologies.
  3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies

You should ask over on the fEARful board. :)

I know there are some guys who do it, I really think there are probably speakers designed for PA use that fit better rather than something optimized for bass use.
  4. smeet

smeet Supporting Member

If you build the 12/6/1 with the true 3-way crossover, it will work well, and of course be a great bass cabinet too. But there are probably better or cheaper options if you plan to use it exclusively for PA.

The fEARful cabinet design puts a lot of attention into reproducing a strong and accurate low end. You may not want or need that in a small PA speaker,
  5. wcriley

wcriley

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    If vocals only, the extended low end of the fEARful woofers would be a waste of money.

If drums and bass are added, it would be better to have the lows coming from a single source.