1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

fEarful (LDS) and Terror 100 Ohm switch usage/versatility

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bassybeenz, Apr 1, 2014.

1. bassybeenz

bassybeenz

I am thinking of picking up a terror 1000. From what I understand the fearful style cab I have likes around 750 watts. What I want to do is use the terror 1000 in ohm mode, assuming it will give me ~500 watts into the one cab, then if I need more volume/use a different cab setup (two 12/6 for instance) have the 2x500w capabillity. So is it safe to run to terror in 4 ohm mode with an 8ohm cab? Would running the head in 8 ohm mode be too much for my cab? I'm not really worried about total volume (I get enough with the f1 im using now, but find that it gets really compressed as I run out of headroom, hence wanting something with more watts= more headroom= more dynamic range/less compression, at least from what I understand).

Thanks for any and all help

2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Match the impedance of your amp to the cab you are usimg.

3. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

That switch does not do what you think. It is a SS class D output amp, use the correct switch setting for the load of the cab. There is no output transformer on the amp.