1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

fEARless dually spotted...

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by basscooker, Jan 2, 2013.

1. basscooker

basscooker

Disclosures:
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    huh? i just found a dually at a popular big-box vendor...wonder wazzup there.
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

3. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Trade in? Knockoff?

Just wondering.
  4. basscooker

basscooker

Disclosures:
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    on hold right now...
  5. CL400Peavey

Found it.

It's the 56 pound okoume Dually Dave Homer built. Think it was moved to Texas then bounced.... It's a shame to see any profit go to a store like that.
  6. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    There is an Okoume Dually at a GC in Texas?.......doesn't mean it's close to me, this is a big place.:smug:
  7. CL400Peavey

Texas is big?
  8. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

When it's "bigger'n Texas" you know it's really big.
  9. Foz

Foz

10. basscooker

basscooker

Disclosures:
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    thanks guys. the salesman said he couldn't find it last night. has it in the system, but can't track down the cab. sounds fishy. i'm thinking... it's got the "just arrived" tag on it, so i'm thinking it got hijacked by an employee for a day or two :) a TBer?
  11. DrDAV14

DrDAV14 Supporting Member

The guy I sold it too, just got a gig on a cruise ship and sold all his stage gear since he didn't need it for the gig and he didn't have an apartment to store it. He owned it all of 2wks. Great cab!
  12. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    So it's in Galveston or somethin'?
  13. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

The buzzards are circling.
  14. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Ha. :D

I'm going to have to pass for a couple of reasons. I'd also have to chop it into a pair of 115's to have any hope of fitting that and all the PA gear, etc. into my car. Wouldn't really want to do that to a nice build with that expensive wood. Might've went for a layaway deal or something if it was Faital loaded but pretty spent out over here as far as picking up new gear and already have more stuff sketched out than I have time to build. Such is life.
  15. ErnieD

ErnieD

And I've got a gig in Texas City this weekend; Galveston is just down the road from there. :p

Worse, guy that I talked to today about buying one of my Epi UL410 cabs thinks it wont fit into the back of his 4 door 2012 Civic. :atoz: Really? Well his 18" wide Eden 410XLT doesn't and my Epi at 17.6" wide prolly won't either.

I thought making the insides of these small cars much roomier was all the rage. Guess they narrowed the door openings in order to achieve that. I told him I used to shove a Kustom 215tuck n rolled, bass cabinet into the back seat of my '72, 2 dr, Toyota Corolla back in hi school. Still had room back there for the matching Kustom head and a Gibson Victory bass in HSC :p

will33, I just spent several days in the South/Central/North Austin area for the holidays visting family..............worse drivers there than here in Houston. Whew, scary. Just an observation, haha.
  16. CL400Peavey

Caution! Caution!

Per a discussion in the S/D thread the drivers in this cab have been swapped for something sh!tty. Do not buy!
  17. murphy

murphy

S/D thread?
  18. CL400Peavey

Stoner/doom.
  19. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Bumping this for top of mind awareness, spreading the word.

Thanks for the heads up.
  20. Foz

Foz

Perhaps mention the apparent bait-and-switch scam to the store manager before some gets robbed - just saying.