1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Feedback in my Fender Rumble 75?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Ubermonster, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Ubermonster

Ubermonster

Hello there all. I just purchased a Fender Rumble 75 watt today along with a Fender Jazz FSR Ill post a picture below so you know what I am working with. Anyway when I plug it in and play it sounds fine. When I take my fingers off the strings or anything metal on the guitar there is a buzzing sound in the amp. Could it be a non grounded wall jack? Or something else. It has been a while since I have played so thanks for any help.
    [​IMG]

2. Linnin

Linnin

It's not your amp. You have a ground issue with your jazz bass. When you touch the strings you become the ground.

3. Ubermonster

Ubermonster

How exactly do I resolve this?

I think it is because I am running the amp through non grounded wall jacks I checked and they are not. I did not notice the problem at the Guitar Center when I played it there.

4. Ubermonster

Ubermonster

Okay you are right, I tried it in a grounded jack and it is worse. Pretty disappointing. I contacted Fender to see what can be done.

5. Register to disable this ad