feedback noise with B3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SGbassist, Jan 5, 2013.

1. SGbassist

Jan 3, 2012
    Hi Guys,
    I have a very specific problem when the board im using now, hoping that someone who have experiences in this to share with me their solution.

Im using a EBS Microbass II with a Zoom B3 and my chain goes like this:
    Bass -> Microbass -> amp, B3 in the efx send/return of the Microbass
    However, when im using a distortion + Wah sound, it gives an horrible feedback sound when im nt playing anything. And this changes its pitch when i shift my wah. This does not happen when i plug in direct to B3 nor when i go microbass into the zoom B3 and out to amp. So i believe its smth to do with the efx loop of the microbass

Anyone have any ideas what is going on and any solutions for me? i thought of putting in a buffer before the zoom B3, not too sure if it does anith..

thanks in advance
  2. Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    If the patch you use on the zoom b3 makes a hissing noise because of the high gain levels on the distortion model, try adding a noise gate on the patch. the zoom b3 has a noise gate model.
  3. SGbassist

Jan 3, 2012
    not a hissing sound from the gain.. but feedback.. like screeching feedback
  4. Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Pittsfield, Ma
    I'd maybe guess the Microbass is sending too hot a signal to the B3?
  5. Sponsored by:

6. Sludgewhale

Jan 9, 2015
    I'm having the same problem when I try to use effects such as great muff and fuzz smile combined with the bass drive or the spectracomp and drive toneprint on my amp head. I have tried to mess with the gain and balance but it compromises the overall volume.

Whats the noise gate effect called again?
  7. Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il. can be found right after the compressor effects.
    Sludgewhale likes this.
  8. Sludgewhale

Jan 9, 2015
    Your gonna wanna slap me after I say this but it also didn't help I was switched to passive. drool
    Quick question: Whats the best way to get muff effects like great muff, bass muff, and smile fuzz to stay the same volume as whatever is set on my head. Im having a hard time figuring that out. Ill switch it on mid song and itll blow the top off the practice space and not in a good way.
  9. Turn the volume down on the fuzz model.