1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

feedback noise with B3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SGbassist, Jan 5, 2013.

1. SGbassist

SGbassist

Hi Guys,
    I have a very specific problem when the board im using now, hoping that someone who have experiences in this to share with me their solution.

Im using a EBS Microbass II with a Zoom B3 and my chain goes like this:
    Bass -> Microbass -> amp, B3 in the efx send/return of the Microbass
    However, when im using a distortion + Wah sound, it gives an horrible feedback sound when im nt playing anything. And this changes its pitch when i shift my wah. This does not happen when i plug in direct to B3 nor when i go microbass into the zoom B3 and out to amp. So i believe its smth to do with the efx loop of the microbass

Anyone have any ideas what is going on and any solutions for me? i thought of putting in a buffer before the zoom B3, not too sure if it does anith..

thanks in advance
  2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

If the patch you use on the zoom b3 makes a hissing noise because of the high gain levels on the distortion model, try adding a noise gate on the patch. the zoom b3 has a noise gate model.
  3. SGbassist

SGbassist

not a hissing sound from the gain.. but feedback.. like screeching feedback
  4. Swift713

Swift713

I'd maybe guess the Microbass is sending too hot a signal to the B3?