Feeler: 1969 Ampeg B25 Cab - CT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by D.M.N., Jan 19, 2013.

1. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

This is just a little test of the waters. This is a great cabinet, but it's just not the right tone for me now. I bought it about a year ago and have had it paired with my Sunn 200s, which has been a pretty sweet deal. Original Altec 418s in it, currently wired to 16 ohms (can switch it back to stock 4 ohms easily), and the XLR jack has been disconnected and a 1/4" jack installed in the back. Original dolly as well. In fair condition for a 44 year old cabinet, some dings and such in the tolex, but no grill rips. Original Metal Badge logo. Handles all intact. I'll try to get some pics of it soon (I'm actually on the opposite coast right now, returning shortly).

This would have to be a local deal, as I don't have a means to ship it (would be pricey and unwieldy). I'm located in Middletown, CT, and it'd be best to have it picked up, but I can probably arrange to meet in either Hartford or New Haven.

Now onto price: I bought it for about $550 a little over a year ago, I'd like to see $450 OBO for it. However, better yet would be trades. Things I'm interested in:

Any JBL 140 loaded cabs
    Sunn 2x15s or 1x15s
    SWR 12 stacks
    Newer Fender/Sunn 2x15s or 4x10s
    Peavey 2x15
    Actually, have a 2x15, hit me up, can't hurt
    Ampeg V4 4x12s
    Ampeg 4x10HLF
    EBS Classic Series 2x12
  2. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

Sorry for the bad picture, it's the only one I could find on my computer.

[​IMG]
  3. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

4. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

Price drop. This thing needs to go. Found a Sunn cab I want to jump on, but I can't move on it until this stops taking up space in my dorm.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. map34157

map34157 Supporting Member

Too bad we're on opposite ends...
  7. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

8. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

Rising from the ashes and straight To The Top.
  9. Surfnski

Surfnski Supporting Member

Bump because I'm GASing for a second B25B cab and I don't even have room for the one I have now!