FEELER/F/S STINGRAY CLASSIC MINT GREEN

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassil, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassil

Bassil Supporting Member

Up for consideration is a BRAND NEW just picked up today MusicMan Stingray Classic in Mint Green! The neck that it comes with is a 2011 Stingray unfinished neck with a compensated nut. I am pretty sure the bass was built around 2009 or 2010. I am not interested in any trades other than a CLEAN Spector euro in any color other than amber. The reason for the sale or trade is that I am not wanting the classic body style or 2 band eq. I just bought it for the finished neck. I bought this from GC today. This was like $1600 and out of the 6 total of this color, it was the only one without issues with finish or electronics. It still has the plastic on the pickguard and comes with a new MM hard case. The unfinished neck is like new with the exception of a little cleaning to be done to the fretboard...thats it. Please pm me if interested and I can email you any pics you like.

I am looking to get $1350 trade value or $1250 shipped CONUS PAYPAL is fine

Attached Files:

2. Bassil

Bassil Supporting Member

Saturday bump....is there anybody out there?
  3. Rob S

Rob S

Just to be clear, either that or I just need coffee: you bought a brand new Stingray, but you swapped out the neck from the stock finished one to the "unfinished" one, which comes on the new mint green body?
  4. Bassil

Bassil Supporting Member

Hey,
    Yes, I wanted the poly finished neck for my 2011 regular Stingray that I bought from a great TB'er. I am not a fan of the other elements of the Classic. I got a decent deal on both, so having one exactly the way I want is the end goal without trying to have it custom built from EB. It sounds crazy I know but the original Classics came with the unfinished necks, so its not that I am desecrating the Ray Classic. I just wanted THAT type of neck on my other bass. I already had my coffee so I hope I cleared it up a bit.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bassil

Bassil Supporting Member

Oh yeah,
    I have not done ANY type of swap yet....but that is the plan.
  7. Bassil

Bassil Supporting Member

Just to clear things up......The body and neck are from TWO separate basses. The neck is from a 2011 Stingray that was bought in 2012 from Bass Central. The body is from a Stingray Classic that was purchased from GC yesterday. I will find out from EB on Monday as to the born on date for it. I think it is a 2009 or 2010. I want anyone interested to have full understanding of what they are looking at. There is nothing wrong with either part of the bass. Some people like unfinished necks and some do not. I prefer the finish over non.
  8. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

If you take the finished figured neck off of the classic you will diminish the value of the classic and I've never seen a classic stock with an unfinished neck from EB.The neck is a big selling point for the classics which you can find complete on here for $1200 to $1300.No disrespect just trying to help.
  9. ElliottStrong

ElliottStrong Music City via the Motor City Supporting Member

I agree completely, what you are selling is now a Frankenmusicman for a MM Classic price
  10. Bassil

Bassil Supporting Member

I agree with your point about pricing and am not dead set on that price. It really is just a feeler for me at this point. I was about to purchase a used one of these for the neck and found out that it had an unfinished neck, so i did some quick research and found a bunch of these that indeed did have this type of neck. I am going to contact EB on Monday to clarify. If you google it you will see many like that. The color is the real draw for this. You can't get this color right now without ordering custom from EB or finding one used. This is Brand New. I am willing to take an acceptable loss to get the bass I want.
  11. Bassil

Bassil Supporting Member

I would really rather have a Spector than to sell anyways.
  12. Bassil

Bassil Supporting Member

Well,
    As it turns out, my guy at GC can get me a brand new euro for $100 more than I paid for the Classic. Its a no brainer for me! The question I have for anyone on the forum before I close this is...who can put a light tint and poly my existing neck?? It does seem pointless to mess with a really nice bass. The figuring was an added bonus, but all I really wanted was a finished neck for my maple boarded ray. I need someone reputable and reasonable though. Thanks for setting me straight on what could have been a mistake! Please pm me with the right person for the job. Much bass love to you all!!!!! :bassist:
  13. bassman28

Guitar Paint Guys. They painted my Modulus and that's the name of the company, I'm not kidding.Great job and great price.
  14. bassman28

If you want to sell the Classic with the original neck let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.