1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Feeler: MIM J Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by ChopperDave, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChopperDave

ChopperDave Hai-ohhhhhhh!

I'm putting this out there as a feeler ... I have an early 2000s MIM Jazz Bass neck (loaded), rosewood, 9.5" radius, usual Jazz shape. Great condition.

I'd open it up for sale (at, say, $100), but what I'm really looking for is a similar, maybe chunkier, neck with a 7.25" radius. Like the one on the Classic 70s Jazz Bass or my beloved '75 reissue.

I have some other items I can throw in (a Nike+ GPS watch, maybe one of my dirt pedals, an old Dunlop wah). Or cash, of course. I even have a Squier Standard P-Bass neck (similar to the J) with a Fender logo to throw into the mix.

Pics will be uploaded soon, or I can send some on request (in the next day or two).

Thanks!

2. ChopperDave

Some PMs have come in. I'm going to hold on to it for a little while to see if any trade offers come in, but in the meantime I have to mention that if I do ship it, it will be to CONUS only, PayPal is accepted, and the buyer has to cover the shipping costs (or we can work something out, I'm sure) ... shipping a neck is way too expensive to sell this for $100 and net any cash. (Though if anyone has any suggestions to cut the cost, let me know!)

3. ChopperDave

On hold now for a user, pending pics. Anyone else interested in the Squier Standard neck?

4. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Ship it in a USPS priority box. They make long slender boxes for architect plans, etc. You can ship for about 10 bucks.... maybe 15 max. I've shipped several necks this way and several heavy bodies for less than $15.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ChopperDave

The force is strong with you, ....... Thanks!

7. ChopperDave

Pics 1 of 2

Attached Files:

8. ChopperDave

Pics 2 of 2

Attached Files:

9. ChopperDave

Any weird specks you see are from my iPhone, which has seen better days ...

10. ChopperDave

SOLD for $100 + shipping. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.