1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Feeler: Trace Elliot Twin Valve (tube head)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by Triad, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Triad

Triad Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Bass Builder
    Due to the fact I have 4 amps I'm considering the sale of this gem of the Trace Elliot line. Early 90s, just checked by a qualified tech, new JJ KT88s, bias etc. (spent €140). Completely original. The tolex of the case is worn but the face is pretty clean, so with some new tolex it could really look awesome.
    The tech said it's rated for 115w but it's more like 200... very conservatively rated. I only know it's extremely loud. 4 and 8ohm, tube power stage and SS preamp for good tone shaping.
    I can still change my mind... anyway I'm after €800 SHIPPED.
    I'm in Europe and the head works with 220v but don't know if it can be converted to 110v, you better email British Audio for this.

Attached Files:

2. Lonnystingray

Lonnystingray

I am keen on some pictures, I always thought the twin valve came in a stainless steel enclosure?
  3. Triad

Triad Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Bass Builder
    I've seen a few with the metal enclosure only, mine has a wooden case with some strange tolex on it. I really wanted to take it off and treat the plywood with Duratex or put on some new tolex as the rest of the head is pretty clean but the case is not and shows its age (the head should be from '91 or so).
    Pics added!
  4. Triad

Triad Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Bass Builder
    Bump. Some PM but it's still here...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Triad

Triad Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Bass Builder
    Still available! :eek: