Female Representing the Bassists

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by phaneo, Dec 5, 2013.

1. phaneo

phaneo

I saw Carsie play last year and she was great. Given, she's not a bassist, but watch the video (in french) at 42 seconds she shows her love and loyalty to what we do. I think it's really hot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WubtzvkXJ6M

Mods: Wasn't sure where else to put this. Please move if necessary.

2. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

"Carsie dislikes children on leashes, catching her dog chewing her high heels, and electric guitar solos."

I love this woman!

3. Dmwphoto

Dmwphoto what does this light/\ do? Supporting Member

4. phaneo

phaneo

Haha!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Milk

Milk

This is actually a take on a famous scene of the Amelie movie for those who didnt get it.

I don't like electric guitar solos much either, but i also don't like this woman. Typical female singer songwriter, learn a few basic chords, sing about relationships over them, write a record full of them. Repeat and call yourself the next Ani Difranco (who i also hate). boooooooooring.

I'm still torn about the F holes tattoos though. I like the idea but probably would like them best on anyone else. I don't get it though... there's f holes on guitars too? Am i missing something? How is that bassist specific?

7. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

I don't understand the title of the thread. How is her sex relevant? When I saw the f hole tattoos, my first thought was violin.

I agree with Milk that she seems like another typical female singer/songwriter. That stereotype is a big reason why even though I write songs and play guitar, I do not bill myself as a singer/songwriter when I play solo shows. My guitar style is more Maybelle Carter than coffeehouse strum, I don't have a high quavery voice (I'm in the alto range), and few of my songs are about bad relationships. I tell the people who hire me that I play traditional folk and modern rock, and leave it at that.

8. phaneo

phaneo

She is always accompanied by an upright bass player so I immediately associated the F Hole tattoos with the bass. I guess it's all relative to how we see the world.

9. phaneo

phaneo

She is always accompanied by an upright bass player so I immediately associated the F Hole tattoos with the bass. I guess it's all relative to how we see the world.