Fende p bass highway vs fender pj fretless bass(converted)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nopalfunk, Aug 3, 2013.

1. nopalfunk

nopalfunk

Hi everyone,

I need your opinion, I have a fender p bass highway with badass bridge, and someone in my town is selling a fender pj bass converted to fretless, and actually I'm looking for a fretless, what do you think? Could be a good deal? He want my bass and 120 bucks....some pictures below
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1375573246.854803.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1375573264.336094.jpg

2. 39-Bassist

39-Bassist

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist for: Brace Audio; Duncan Pickups; Line6
    if you are happy with the bass then that is up to you. do you have another fretted bass to use? if so then "I" would say sure, but keep the leo quann and put on the pj...

3. Wyattsgroove

Wyattsgroove

I say nay! That's just me though. I like the HW better. Plus if you don't like fretless.... Your beat.

4. nopalfunk

nopalfunk

Yes I have a rick and a jazz bass(custom shop), he wants the badass bridge with the precision... But what do yo think about the converted fretless vs a legit fretless? Here's a pic

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1375575286.300180.jpg

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. nopalfunk

nopalfunk

I like the fretless. I'm looking for a fretless, but honestly I don't know if it's a good deal...

7. 39-Bassist

39-Bassist

Disclosures:
    ooopps....converted?....no way I would do AND give him $...but it is your decision and you need to check the bass out very well.

8. nopalfunk

nopalfunk

Yes, for that reason I'm afraid, I know a the job to convert a bass to a fretless could be excelent or a totally mess, and never will be the legit fretboard....maybe I need wait for a better deal right?

9. 39-Bassist

39-Bassist

Disclosures:
    suggestion.....if you want to try a fretless....why not just pickup a fretless maple neck for under $200 and put on your p-bass. It would be safer cheaper and if you want to get rid of bass just put old neck on. If you really like the fretless, then do a upgrade. just a suggestion.

10. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

FWIW judging by the pic, that's a decent looking fingerboard and ghost lines where the frets were removed , if you were wanting a lined board. Your call after playing it.

11. nopalfunk

nopalfunk

Thanks for the advise, I'll look for a fretless maple neck, seem be a very decent and cleaver way to have a fretless and conserve my bass...

12. 39-Bassist

39-Bassist

Disclosures:
    NP...hope it works for you.....checkout....Mighty Mite....good for the price...(not the best, but good)

13. nopalfunk

nopalfunk

Hi again, I didn't know the model of this bass, it's a fender American hot rodded 2001, I've been looking some Info of this model and seems now it's a discontinued....VS my fender pbass highway which could be better? there's any way to compare them...?