1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fender '08 Hot Rod Jazz Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JEDI BASS, Apr 20, 2008.

1. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Well, if you're one of the lucky few who've been able to grab one of the limited '08 Hot Rod Fender Jazz basses available only at Guitar Center, this will be our club. Mine's in layaway, I'll post pics as soon as I get it out. I'll also call Fender to verify the info that I've heard from some owners here on TB. Supposedly, only 215 will be made, they're all olympic white w/ matching painted headstocks, tort pickguard, S-1 switch, Bada*s bridge, and a killer retro case. I'll assign numbers to the members after you post pics of you with your beauty. My lucky number is 3, so (sounds odd) but I'll be member number 3. Let's see your white beauties :hyper:!!

2. RS

RS Supporting Member

I played one of those at GC. The neck was very nice. Did not care for the pickups...

3. astralis

astralis

I don't know what to think of the clubs really, but there are quite a lack of pictures of this bass. So i decided to take some of mine.
    I LOVE IT!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. JEDI BASS

Nice pics Astralis. Can't wait to get mine outta layaway.

Clubs serve no real purpose, unless you charge membership fees and have member packets w/ benefits and stuff. Everyone seems to do the club thing (me included), so I figured I'd start one. With only 215 of these being made, I thought it'd be cool to see where they're at. And, who knows, maybe someday we could have a get-together or something?? But, NO FEES!!

I'll wait 'til more owners find the thread to see if they want to do the numbering system or not?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JEDI BASS

Lookin for owners. :)

7. JEDI BASS

8. JEDI BASS

I'm gonna keep bumpin this for a while. :)

9. JEDI BASS

Friday night bump for owners/members-to-be. :)

10. JEDI BASS

Saturday bump, still lookin' for lucky owners.

11. zonymash

zonymash

Those are incredible! How much is GC charging?

12. Croox

Croox

The south Chicago GC has one (as of wed) and they wanted $1500. its nice. I couldn't justify buying it for 1500 though

13. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

I find it odd that it says "electric bass" under the Jazz Bass decal. Never seen that before, or do I just not get around much? Nice looking J's, btw.

14. collicsws6z28

collicsws6z28

I've tried on at my gc and it played pretty good, however....not for $1700

15. Jules Forcella

Jules Forcella

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: AccuGroove
    I hate Fender for being so unfair towards us Leftys.... :mad:

16. Honk'n_down-low

Honk'n_down-low

The Hot Rod Jazz Basses are gorgeous. The matching painted head stocks is a tip of the hat to the 60's Jazz Basses that were finished in the same way. I still love that look - it never grows old with me. Partial to Jazz Basses in general and especially finished with the matching head stocks. Leo just plain and simple got it right and they remain timeless classics.

17. JEDI BASS

The Knoxville GC charged me $1499, and they're following the NEW no budge-on-price rule :(. But, since you can't get a matching headstock on any other Fender bass and these are limited, I think they're a great investment in many ways.

18. JEDI BASS

19. zenlowend

zenlowend

Count me in! I havent been on in a while ...I was hoping to Grab the #1 spot...:crying: Anyway here is mine again.

Attached Files:

20. FL Knifemaker

FL Knifemaker

Unless the controls are different on these, the one at my local GC was wired wrong :confused: I left it with the GC employees trying to figure it out :meh:

21. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

How so, Knifemaker? Do you mean the volume knobs were reversed (ie., bridge p/u knob closer to the neck rather than the bridge)? I saw one at the Memphis GC, but they had it hanging so high that Andre the Giant would have needed an extension ladder to get it down, so I didn't play it.