For Sale/Trade Fender 115 Pro

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by blixild, Jan 21, 2014.

1. blixild

blixild Supporting Member

** UPDATE ** If there is serious interest in shipping the Fender 115, I will try to hunt down a box large enough. Buyer will pay all shipping expenses, though.

I have a few cabs for sale in Buffalo, NY. Possibly willing to meet up as far as Rochester or Erie, PA. NO SHIPPING!
    Trade interests: Try me with anything. Especially effects.
    Unless otherwise noted, all cabs are in used-but-not-abused condition. They have scratches, carpeting isn't perfect, etc.

Fender 115 Pro - $200
    350w / 8 ohm

This 1x15 has a small form-factor and casters. Sounds great, but it's not my style. Has 1/4", speakon, and banana connectors. It can be tricky to find info on this specific cab, so here's a link to the owners manual that has a bunch of details and full specifications: http://support.fender.com/manuals/bass_amplifiers/115_PRO_LoudSpkr_Enclosure_manual.pdf

DIMENSIONS:
    Height: 18.5 in (47.0 cm)
    Width: 25.5 in (64.8 cm)
    Depth: 18.5 in (47.0 cm)

WEIGHT: 64 lb (29.1 kg)

Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5qqat7q0q343o38/UOVdi_94p8

SWR Triad - $180 - SOLD
    400 W / 4 ohm

Not sure of the year on this one. Made in the US.
    The tweeter does not work to my ear (should be a quick cheap fix). Otherwise in good shape.

23"W x 27"H x 18.5"D. 80 lbs.

Photos available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4jtg2ccg633h1p2/5tKWliNl3a

Carvin V410T - $200 - SOLD
    400W/8 ohm

Early 90's 4x10. Includes cover.
    You can check out the original catalog page here: http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/images/90-concertbasssystems.html

Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9y253vc6fyw9t79/QcleBZcYgc

Aguilar DB112 NT - $350 each - SOLD
    Monster green, new in unopened box.
    I've been holding on to these to open up when I'm ready for a change in my current setup, but I wouldn't be opposed to selling them. More open to trades on these: I'd trade one for a DB112 with a tweeter or both for a fEARful/nEARful that has a tweeter. Feel free to PM me with other trade offers.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  2. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story Supporting Member

bump for my hometown.... "the Nickel City"

3. blixild

Make offers! I want some more free space in my studio!

4. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Fun with a k all day! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    (visitor from Planet Funktron)
    PM'd- what would Rick James do?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DionClassic

DionClassic

Hey, would you do $150 for the fender cab? Thanks

7. DionClassic

DionClassic

Sry totally meant to pm that. :(

8. blixild

I've had several requests to cross the border into Canada to sell... but I'm hesitant to do so because I can't figure out the tax/duty situation. If someone can provide a definitive answer in this thread, I'll be happy to meet in Fort Erie or Niagara Falls.

For Canadians who would meet in the US to purchase: according to Canada's import calculator, duty on one of these cabs would be about $20.

9. 9M2E

9M2E Supporting Member

local Lockportian helping a buffalo brother with a bump.

10. crashonskis

crashonskis

If you ship it to Canada you can expect to pay Canadian tax, and possibly duty depending on whether the shipping company charges it or not. The additional cost comes out to anywhere between 12 and 25% in my experience. Hope that clears things up on the cross border shipping.

11. blixild

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to find out about physically crossing the border, though. I imagine it's probably similar, but I can't find a definitive source.

12. blixild

13. basspedaler

basspedaler Supporting Member

14. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

I cross the border with gear a lot. as I have stuff shipped to me at CBI in Niagara Falls.

The duty paid will be 13% on the declared value, as you enter or re-enter Canada.

If the Canadian buyer is crossing to pick them up on the US side, then they will pay on their way back over as border guards will ask if anything to declare and saying no would mean the items could be found if they look inside. Don't lie because they could choose to be difficult and assume anything in the car was bought while in the US. Get blixild to write a simple cash receipt for $100USD (or something not too far from what the guard would perceive to be fair) and then declare the $100 as the value.

If you're willing to cross into Canada to sell, you can choose to say that or not. You can say you're coming in for the day for an audition or something and that anything in your vehicle will come back to the US with you. When crossing back into the US, they won't know/care if you have less with you or not. If you do declare that you're selling, you can show them any PMs you might have as to an agreed price (print it off) and then pay 13% on that number.

It's stupid that used goods sold from one individual to another get taxed - this wouldn't happen at a garage sale or CL sale or something, but it is what it is. Crossing the border means they want to grab a % of the value of any good entering the country.

Don't cross too early or too late, as this is when the borders are busier and cross-border shoppers are slowing down the lines. I find between 2-3pm to be the perfect time as the wait on either side is never more than maybe 10 cars. Once I drove right up to the gate at both sides with no wait at all.

blixild likes this.
  15. blixild

Thanks, MarkoYYZ! That's incredibly helpful and informative.

One Aggie gone, one on hold!

16. blixild

Triad is SOLD!

17. smogg

smogg

Could you give a little more detail about this? To your ears is it to vintage sounding, too modern, too bassy, to middy, etc? curious minds want to know :)

18. blixild

It's pretty modern sounding, I'd say. It's a little too scooped for my taste, but I haven't used many 1x15 cabs, so it might just be that I'm not hearing certain frequencies that I'm used to from my 10" speakers.

19. blixild

Both Aggies sold!
    Carvin and Fender still available!

20. blixild

21. blixild

Carvin sold locally!
    Fender still available!