1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender 2012 American deluxe precision bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bojondar, Jan 13, 2013.

1. bojondar

bojondar

So, finally i decide to buy an Amdlx precision bass from fender...

after a long way of searching and reading the review on Forum which i can conclude that this bass has an Annoying noise from the electronic

what i can say that i've found that i got no Noise or any electronic problem from this bass..

great Bass, no any minor error on the fret work or fingerboard..

mine has a wine red colour with Ash body Wood..

a little less heavy than alder body,with More Attack..

i changed the stock pickup wtih barekuckle pickups for P/J set each 65' P and 60 PE J

IMHO the Stock P pickup doesnt sounds much different from the BK 65' splt coil Pickup..

you can check how it sounds like on this link:

so what i can say is don't 100% sure/belief of what we Read on the forum before you try it by yourself..:D Peaceee
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Fantastic.
  3. bojondar

bojondar

Great bass...thanks:bassist:
  4. Guygrooves

Guygrooves Supporting Member

I have had ZERO issues with the last 4 American P and J Deluxes Ive tried over the last year! Quiet and quite nice-All 2010-2011-2012's........NO noise. Great necks! super quality..used you cant beat the price for the bang for your buck..Active passive with great tonal control..I recommend-HIGHLY...
  5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

I love the American Deluxe series basses. Though my favorite is an older model, 2002, that has the old style humbucker @ the bridge, and no active/passive switch. But, my best player of all time, and it sounds great, and silent. Even though I'm a huge Ric fanatic, my Dlx P is the ONE bass I'd never sell. Well, one of two anyway.
  6. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

I have one with one of yours and its my fault! I decided to mess with the pickup height.....when I put it all the way down it started whistling out of the clear blue! So I messed up something! I have to take the pickup out and see how I messed that up. other then that they are wonderful bases!

OP you turned the active passive bass into just passive?

I think I am going to get the same bass you have next to match my jazz!
  7. jnslprd

jnslprd

That is some awesome playing.
    I hope you are getting payed well for your talent, you deserve it.

Bass sounds good as well.
  8. atomicdog

atomicdog

Nice tone, nice playing.
  9. kakao

kakao

I did not have any noise issues until I changed pickguard. I think I did something to pickup. Even I did full shielding, it buzz and it is loud. I messed up something as well...:crying:
    Otherwise, American deluxe bass is just so awesome!
  10. Burke

Burke

I'm considering one of these in tobacco sunburst. My question is,how much different is the "Active" tone compared to the "Passive" tone? Also, is this a P neck? Or a jazz neck? I'm torn between one of these and the new American Standard P-V. I have a 5 string Carvin LB 75 already but I love the P tone. Any comments? Thanks guys. I'ma go check one of these out in person at the local guitar center before I purchase but I won't really have my rig set up to judge the tone too critically but I'll be able hopefully to get a fix on the playability. Hopefully the set up will be pretty good. Fender does a decent job out of the factory. Thanks again for any input.
  11. bojondar

bojondar

+1
  12. bojondar

bojondar

Thanks broo..
    :bassist:
  13. bojondar

bojondar

Actually this bass has a modern C shape neck not like a traditional Pbass neck which a little thicker and a little more close to a J neck..

Active preamp on tthis bass add about 32dB gain a little unusual for bass with active preamp ..great tone if you like more gain and a little modern hifi sound..if you dont like it just turn it to passive mode..
  14. thomas-k

thomas-k

Hi, just played one yesterday and loved it!
    Do you know if the switch completely bypasses the preamp?
    Will the passive mode function normally with no battery?

Thanks
  15. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Supporting Member

Luff mine too.