Fender 51/54 RI Neck-Sting Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by A-Step-Towards, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

I love these necks. The edges of the board feel so smooth and rounded. The frets are so small that with flats its almost as if I am playing a fretless. This neck is a exceptional piece of maple. It has beautiful lines in the grain that I havent seen on any other maple necks really they just run the full width of the fretboard and look great.

I really cant find any issues with the neck no dings, scrapes or fretwear its perfect. For some reason the stock tuners on stings never sit flush, it bugs me so this neck has 70's style stamped fender tuners as found on the 75 RI Jazz bass. These turn straight forward and are not reverse style , I love this mod on a sting. The only thing I noticed is a small hole in the heel, small then a neck screw hole so my guess is it was a factory done hole.

A neckplate is included in nice shape as well as the string tree seen. This is made in japan where stings and 51 RI are no longer made.

Also if you have a squier CV 50s in LPB I may buy the body from you and use this neck on it....pm me.

$285 shipped CONUS

Crappy photo's still working on replacing a stolen camera, grrr.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. greybeard125

greybeard125 Supporting Member

Sold. I'll take it.
    PM inbound
  3. greybeard125

greybeard125 Supporting Member

4. A-Step-Towards