Fender '51 Reissue Precision Bass Body Butterscotch Blonde (Japanese made)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by MetsMan75, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetsMan75

MetsMan75

I bought this body new 4 years ago for a '51 project. I'm trying to downsize on some gear and am offering this one up for sale but like I said before, I may change my mind and keep it if I sell some other things. The body is in very good condition...the only thing negative is my sloppy routing job in the pickup cavity as you'll see in pic. I had to rout it out some more to fit pots and was being impatient when I did it because I was anxious to test the Bass out when I got my custom neck made for it. The control plate pretty much covers the cavity but if you look at a certain angle under knobs you can see a slight hairline gap. I took pics of it just to show its not very obvious....you really have to look for it. Thats the only thing worth mentioning cosmetically. I had a baseball bat/U profile neck made up by Musikraft to early '50s specs and I'm going to keep that and save it for another project. The body is loaded with mostly genuine Fender parts...including the '51 pickup, pickguard, bridge plate, knobs, control plate, ashtray/covers-all are genuine Fender parts. The pots/wiring harness were made by 'Only Music' and are '51 reproductions. The tug bar is maple like some early '50s P Basses had on them. I used slotted screws like the very early production P Basses originally had. Also has hand-made phenolic saddles. I was trying to make it look as close to an early '50s as I can despite the school bus yellow finish it has. It might not be the right color of a real '51 but I still like them. I never weighed the body because I never really cared about that but since many people do I just weighed it on a bathroom scale all together with neck.(I'm still using it currently and have it set up nice) The entire bass all together with neck bolted on weighs about 9 1/2 lbs on my bathroom scale so you can get a rough idea in your head of body weight. Its a pretty nice comfortable weight for a slab body bass. So I will sell this body naked or fully loaded. Sold naked will inlude just the body and I will leave strap buttons for $350 shipped CONUS. I will sell the body fully loaded for $450 shipped CONUS.

Attached Files:

2. MetsMan75

MetsMan75

Back

Attached Files:

3. MetsMan75

MetsMan75

without ashtray/covers

Attached Files:

4. MetsMan75

MetsMan75

another without ashtrays