Fender ADV Killer Montego Black LIGHT Nordstrand

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Doug Parent, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Gold Supporting Member

This is a 2006 American Deluxe V in hard to find Montego Black! There are very fine gold specks in the paint. It's a multi-dimensional look and it's just beautiful in person.

Yes yes I am insane to let this guy but GAS has struck AGAIN and I need to bust loose some funds..you know how it is.

Specs:

Alder body. Lightweight. Don't have a scale but this bass feels like 8 lbs thereabouts.

Montego Black finish. I brought this to Marty Bell after pulling everything off the body and he put this through the buffer. The previous superficial surface scratches are all but gone. You's never guess this bass was in circulation since 2006.

Standard string through body/bridge.

Maple neck/fretboard.

THE ACTION IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS !!

Playability and tone for days.

Mother of Pearl dots.

Finish on this bass is in excellent condition. Very little fret wear. Overall Awesome condition!

Ships with fender hard shell case.

Because I do tech work and build basses you know I had to tweak this bass.

For starters:

Copper shielding all throughout and under the pick guard!

Because I bought this bass to be a player in all sorts of venues I decided to completely eliminate any and all sources of noise.

In keeping with that objective, I removed the stock 18 volt three band pre-amp (comes with the bass if you want it) and removed the stock pickups and installed:

Nordstrand NJ5f's. These are SINGLE coil pickups. The grind and bark of these pickups combined with the very deep and wide low end voicing of the alder body means this is a killing bass in any rig.

The output of these pickups is high, no preamp needed.

THIS BASS IS CURRENTLY PASSIVE.

If the buyer wishes the original pickups and preamp I can re-install those before shipping at no extra cost.

Fender does no make these anymore, the 22 fret five stringers are long goneĀ…...

$1325 shipped.

Attached Files: