1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fender Aerodyne or P-Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joemans, Jan 8, 2013.

1. joemans

joemans

Hey, I'm new to the forums, good to meet you all. I've been playing bass for around 3-4 years and I'm thinking about finally getting a new bass. I've been playing a Ibanez Ergodyne since I started, and it plays really well and is light, which is nice. But I'm looking for another bass with hopefully some better tone. After playing a few basses I really dig the sound of the P-Bass. While I haven't tried the Aerodyne bass, I've heard many good reviews on it, I love the look and that it's lightweight. And it'll probably end up being a MIM if I do choose the p-bass-- my budget isn't too high :p. I'm actually rally picky when it comes to appearance, so that was another perk of these two basses. I usually play Alternative Rock, Occasionally indie. And I'm playing through a GKMB115. Any recommendations/suggestions?

2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Do I even need to say it out loud? ;)

[​IMG]

Ah, screw it! I'll say it anyway...HELLS to the YEAH!!

I'll spare everyone my usual Aerodyne ranting (P/J, neck-and-body-stuff, super-sexy, blah blah blah…), but there is something I've only occasionally touched on. If you're looking for a little extra versatility the Hipshot BT-10 Drop-D tuner is a perfect fit for this baby.

If your budget is a factor, check Guitar Center's used listings. Last I checked there are two Aerodynes available, ranging from $450 to $500. I actually got to handle the one from my local store (the more expensive one, due to it's upgraded bridge and tuners...someone wanted to go almost all-black on it).

3. xfredrikx

xfredrikx

Go with the aerodyne. Great tone.

4. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

I love the Aerodyne. I prefer the look of the ones with the 'guard though.

[​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mizu

mizu

If only Aerodyne sounded as great as it looks...
    I'd choose P-bass, Fender or maybe a good japanese copy like Tokai Hard Puncher or Yamaha Pulser.