1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Fender Aerodyne or P-Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joemans, Jan 8, 2013.

1. joemans

joemans

Jan 8, 2013
    Hey, I'm new to the forums, good to meet you all. I've been playing bass for around 3-4 years and I'm thinking about finally getting a new bass. I've been playing a Ibanez Ergodyne since I started, and it plays really well and is light, which is nice. But I'm looking for another bass with hopefully some better tone. After playing a few basses I really dig the sound of the P-Bass. While I haven't tried the Aerodyne bass, I've heard many good reviews on it, I love the look and that it's lightweight. And it'll probably end up being a MIM if I do choose the p-bass-- my budget isn't too high :p. I'm actually rally picky when it comes to appearance, so that was another perk of these two basses. I usually play Alternative Rock, Occasionally indie. And I'm playing through a GKMB115. Any recommendations/suggestions?

2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Do I even need to say it out loud? ;)

[​IMG]

Ah, screw it! I'll say it anyway...HELLS to the YEAH!!

I'll spare everyone my usual Aerodyne ranting (P/J, neck-and-body-stuff, super-sexy, blah blah blah…), but there is something I've only occasionally touched on. If you're looking for a little extra versatility the Hipshot BT-10 Drop-D tuner is a perfect fit for this baby.

If your budget is a factor, check Guitar Center's used listings. Last I checked there are two Aerodynes available, ranging from $450 to $500. I actually got to handle the one from my local store (the more expensive one, due to it's upgraded bridge and tuners...someone wanted to go almost all-black on it).

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. xfredrikx

xfredrikx

Dec 9, 2009
    Sweden
    Go with the aerodyne. Great tone.

5. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

Sep 2, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I love the Aerodyne. I prefer the look of the ones with the 'guard though.

[​IMG]

6. mizu

mizu

Nov 12, 2010
    Moscow, Russia
    If only Aerodyne sounded as great as it looks...
    I'd choose P-bass, Fender or maybe a good japanese copy like Tokai Hard Puncher or Yamaha Pulser.