1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender Aerodyne P-Bass Bridge Replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MrRoden96, Jan 31, 2013.

1. MrRoden96

MrRoden96

Ive been told you cant just swap the bridge for a badass 2

Any direct replacements?
  2. MrRoden96

MrRoden96

3. Rocky McD

Rocky McD Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    Some Aerodynes have a rout in the body under the factory bridge. I put a spacer ( 1 ply black plastic pickguard material). If yours does not have this, then all you have to do is redrill the mounting screw holes to accommodate the bridge if different. I use a Hipshot type A black bridge.
  4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

why replace it at all?

if anything, just get the cool threaded-rod vintage saddles for the stock plate, so you can have perfect string spacing and prevent the saddles sliding around.
  5. johnson79

johnson79

6. rockman1

rockman1

babicz full contact hardware.direct replacement bridge.put one on my p bass.awesome.screws line up perfectly,dont have to do nothin.
  7. Billy K

Billy K

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362164546.831243.jpg Babicz fit mine but I had to put a spacer under the bridge. I love it