Fender American Deluxe Precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Old Fart, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Old Fart

Old Fart

The only bass I ever bought new was in 1971 or so (Japanese SG EB-3 copy, which I still have). Tonight I pulled the trigger on a new Fender American Deluxe Precision. Blonde Ash/Maple. She's a beauty.

Sugar McGuinn made me do it. :D

The shipping wait will be agonizing.

2. FerK

FerK Supporting Member

Nice. After owning a dozen different axes, I sold them all some time ago and stuck to a MM Stingray and an Ibby 1200. But I've been gassing lately for an American P Standard, in Sunburst.

3. oldfclefer

oldfclefer low ended Supporting Member

I've had one for about 3 years...it's pretty much the only bass my band "approves" of me using...nice snag...

4. Old Fart

Old Fart

It's hard for me to imagine a bass I could love as much as my Am Std P in Sunburst. However, if such a bass exists, it should be on its way to me by this evening.:p

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. P Town

P Town Guest

I bought the same bass. You will not be disappointed.
    When I bought mine in late 2011, every (local) shop said the natural finish would take 3 to 6 months to get. I ordered one, and it took 5 months to come in! Mine is the finest instrument I have ever owned. I liked it so much, that I ordered the J in the same finish late in 2012. Another spectacular instrument, but I like the P, just a little bit better. I keep mine in the cases, and I actually get a slight emotional reaction each time I open them. It's like catching a glimpse of a beautiful woman. The range of tones you can get is very broad, and no matter where you set them, you could find a use for the way it sounds.
    Enjoy!