1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender American Deluxe Precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Old Fart, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Old Fart

Old Fart

The only bass I ever bought new was in 1971 or so (Japanese SG EB-3 copy, which I still have). Tonight I pulled the trigger on a new Fender American Deluxe Precision. Blonde Ash/Maple. She's a beauty.

Sugar McGuinn made me do it. :D

The shipping wait will be agonizing.
  2. FerK

FerK Supporting Member

Nice. After owning a dozen different axes, I sold them all some time ago and stuck to a MM Stingray and an Ibby 1200. But I've been gassing lately for an American P Standard, in Sunburst.
  3. oldfclefer

oldfclefer low ended Supporting Member

I've had one for about 3 years...it's pretty much the only bass my band "approves" of me using...nice snag...
  4. Old Fart

Old Fart

It's hard for me to imagine a bass I could love as much as my Am Std P in Sunburst. However, if such a bass exists, it should be on its way to me by this evening.:p
  5. P Town

P Town Guest

I bought the same bass. You will not be disappointed.
    When I bought mine in late 2011, every (local) shop said the natural finish would take 3 to 6 months to get. I ordered one, and it took 5 months to come in! Mine is the finest instrument I have ever owned. I liked it so much, that I ordered the J in the same finish late in 2012. Another spectacular instrument, but I like the P, just a little bit better. I keep mine in the cases, and I actually get a slight emotional reaction each time I open them. It's like catching a glimpse of a beautiful woman. The range of tones you can get is very broad, and no matter where you set them, you could find a use for the way it sounds.
    Enjoy!