1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender american series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZombiBoi95, Dec 9, 2013.

1. ZombiBoi95

ZombiBoi95

I'm looking to get a fender american standard p bass and have noticed that some models have the 60s custom shop split coil pickup on them. What year did this come in and will it be on the future models? I really like the custom shop work and I rekon that altho the standard pickup is generally quite good the custom shop would be 10X better
    Steve
  2. Dbt25677

Dbt25677

The custom shops came out in the am standards in 2012.
    To me, these pups are garbage honestly. I don't know if I had a faulty model or something but the tone control had no effect at all.
    Older p-basses (before 2012) seem to be superior to me.
  3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

The transition to CS pups in the AmStands actually took place in March of 2012 ... so there will be some early '12 models that do not have them ...