1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Fender American Special Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sabasbass, Mar 11, 2014.

1. sabasbass

sabasbass Supporting Member

2011 Candy apple red American Special Precision. I bought the bass new in December 2013. Only used it at home -- never gigged. It has a scratch in the chrome on the E-string tuner, a few small bumps on the back of the headstock below the E-string tuner. These were there when I bought it. It has a few marks on the pickguard where the truss rod wrench hit it a few times. No other wear at all. The D-string nut was cut a little low for me from the factory. The bass has had no mods of any kind. It is strung with a new set of Rotosounds. I can throw in the set of Labella flats that I had on it as well. Comes with Fender gig bag and Fender truss rod wrench. $600.00 OBO.

Attached Files:

2. Flabass

Flabass Supporting Member

Nice looking P.
  3. sabasbass

Clarification on the nut: It only causes a slight buzz when the neck is very straight. No problems with a bit of relief in it. Additional pics.

Attached Files:

4. whyrockbass

whyrockbass

Would you be interested in a lakland 44-02 trade?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bobicidal

bobicidal Supporting Member

Anyone know any differences with this and the new models which just arrived at my local GC in the last month? It played and sounded great. I loved the Jazz shaped neck
  7. sabasbass

I'm not really interested in trades at this time. But, you never know so run them past me. As far as this bass compared to the new ones, I am not aware of any changes. The neck is 1.625 wide at the nut and a little thinner front to back than the American Standard P.
  8. SLICK13

SLICK13 Supporting Member

Is this still available?
    If s, how much does it weigh?
    thanks