Fender American Standard P-Bass Neck Swap

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by chechunka, Mar 13, 2014.

1. chechunka

chechunka

Does anyone know if a 2011 Fender American Standard P-Bass neck will fit ok on a 2007 Fender American Standard body? I have had no issues swapping '06, '07, and '08's around, but thought this would be a great place to check on a '11 before I purchased one.

Moving forward are there any era's where they aren't compatible without modification?

Any modern era necks that you have found to be more desirable, or less, than others?

Thanks!

2. Precision101

Precision101

I don't know why it wouldn't fit? I mean I've looked into the fender necks a bit and they haven't changed that much. They aren't heavy on modifications in the neck. (Just from my observation). If it's in the same series it will fit. Look up the neck thickness. I know my standard p bass has a bit of a thicker neck than my squier. I like Mexican maple necks for some reason. They are very light and I dig the polyurethane feel.

3. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Older thread, but....yes, it will fit. I put a 2012 neck on a 97 body and it fit just as well as the original one did.