Fender american standard p bass v

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wootenjr304, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Wootenjr304

Wootenjr304

Hopefully this is the right forum to post this. I'm looking to buy a new fender but I can't decide between the olympic white and the 3 tone burst. If someone could post some pics of the newer ones or give me some recommendations I would appreciate it.
  2. laklandplayer

laklandplayer

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1389411363.275792.jpg
    Here is mine, I love it. A great sounding bass.
  3. Wootenjr304

Wootenjr304

Looks great. Any thoughts on how it might sound in country music?
  4. laklandplayer

laklandplayer

P basses wrote the book on country sessions. I use this 5 and my '65 p bass with flatwounds in the studio all of the time. They always sit well in the mix and the engineer can't ruin the sound with eq.
  5. Wootenjr304

Wootenjr304

I'm glad to hear that.
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

If you haven't chosen yet, I wanted black with rosewood board but Fender would not do it w/o up charge. I love the white but went with black & maple neck. It was a great choice because I got a terrific instrument with light weight, great tone, vibe and feel.

I have adjusted the action stupid low (because of arthritis kickin' in) but it still has that Fender punchiness. I swapped out the PG for a leather one.

[​IMG]
  7. Wootenjr304

Wootenjr304

Wow I think I may like that better than the white. I would love the white with a maple neck unfortunately my budgets only like $1000. Is that a tort pick guard or a custom one?
  8. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

I wanted white/maple but would have to find someone who wanted to swap necks. I ended getting a vintage modified Squier P5. While it was on it's way to me I bought a complete set of American P5 electronics and white pickguard which was available with plans to upgrade. The VM P5 sounds and feels so good, I never made the change, and I also have an American P5 to compare it to.
  9. Wootenjr304

Wootenjr304

Is there any place to buy a maple neck for an American 5 string?
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Both colors are classic. I'd go for oly white.