Fender bass advice!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by danno1no1, Mar 24, 2014.

1. danno1no1

danno1no1

Firstly I'm new to this site so hey :) right question is I'm looking at buying a Mexican fender precision bass from 2009. Its black with a black scratchplate and has a maple neck, black fender decal on the headstock and the serial on the back. Does this seem unusual at all? I don't know how to post images sorry :( any advice would be appreciated.

2. danno1no1

danno1no1

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

looks fine ... probably late '09 or early 2010, MIM Standard, with a few modifications ... pickguard is aftermarket for model with heel adjust truss rod (white was stock), and stock ceramic pups were replaced with SD Basslines ... the maple board on MIM Standards became an option in '08 ...

Edit to add: .. forgot to mention the thumbrest was added as well ... there would probably be one extra hole in the pickguard should you decide to remove it, as it looks they used an existing p/g mounting hole as one of the two for the thumbrest ...

.. nice looking bass, if price is right OR if you are able to try before hand to justify for YOU what ever they are asking should be nice bass ... and welcome to TB .. if you get the chance, may want to fill out your profile as complete as you are comfortable .. it is very helpful to others responding to your future inquiries to have a bit of a background on you and your history, etc ... ;)

4. danno1no1

danno1no1

Ah thanks very much. Would you recommend this type of bass at all? its available at £240 to buy which seems like a good price. 2nd had of course cheers

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Salamenster

Salamenster

Seems legit to me. It's "upgraded" with Seymour Duncan quarter pounders. If you're into punk, rock or any other genre where you need an edgy sound you'll love. Otherwise you probably wont.

7. danno1no1

danno1no1

Ok I'll get straight onto that. Thanks for the advice!

8. SteveHeissner

SteveHeissner

Sounds like a respectable deal. I had a Mexican Fender Jazz upgraded with Bartolini pickups several years back. I now regret getting rid of it. Good luck!