Fender Bass VI - what are you using?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Deed_Poll, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Deed_Poll

Deed_Poll

Hi,

I'm new here. I'm building a Jazz Bass inspired Bass VI guitar and like the idea of using heavier strings, but they need to taper down to 0.070" before the tuning machines (I'm using Steinberg gearless tuners). My bass VI is a custom design, string length from ball start to nut end will be a shade over 35-1/2". If you're using strings of 0.095" and above I'd really like to see a picture of your peghead so I can see where the string tapers.

I found the other thread that was very useful, but it looks like some people are winding fat strings into the Klusons which won't be an option for the tuning machines I'm using.

Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

Thanks a bunch! :)

Dan

2. Jensby design

Jensby design

I did one for customer once. It had Grover full-size rotomatics. I just drilled out the tuning peg on the E-string to .106" ;)
    He loved it.
    Planing on doing one for myself one of these days :rolleyes: like I have time/money:rolleyes:
    I have to suggest a progressive tension set and I would get http://www.circlekstrings.com/store/ but what do I know I've just been doing experiments like this for 15 years.

3. Deed_Poll

Deed_Poll

Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty set on using the Steinberger tuners, but I wonder if I can't do the same thing with those...