1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender Bassman 100T with Berg NV Cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Alexander, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander

Went to the GC near work this evening to kill a bit of time and ended up playing a Fender P into a Bassman 100T (into the Fender NEO 610). All I can say, is WOW. Thick, vintage, clear tone - very addictive, to say the least. And it was pretty loud. I'm sitting there reading the tag on the front of the amp and saw it was switchable from 100W down to 25W and I thought, ok cool - I'll drop it down and crank it to see what it sounds like. When I looked at the back, I saw that it WAS on the 25w setting already! :eek:

Needless to say, I set the thing to 100W and it was clear what this thing could do! I dropped it back down to 25W and cranked it and that overdriven power section came out in spades. Very impressed. I was a bit concerned about 100W being enough, but I don't think I am any longer - for what I do, it's seems to be plenty.

I guess a few questions:

1. I saw that you could adjust the bias between hot, normal and cold. I didn't have time to mess with it, so curious about the differences it makes in terms of tone and preferences people may have on that setting.

2. I'm wondering what extra goodness might be brought out with perhaps some NOS tubes. Anyone experiment with that?

3. I'd be playing this amp through my Bergantino NV412 cabinet. I'm wondering how that might compare to the NEO 610 in terms of tone and volume. I couldn't find any details on the NEO in terms of sensitivity rating and frequency response. And I believe the NEO is ported, while the Berg is sealed. Wondering how it might sound...

Any thoughts\experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Tim1

Tim1

I used my 100T with a berg nv115 for a while, and after being initially impressed I found it ran out of clean juice too early for me and I needed the super bassman 300 to suit my headroom needs, even at moderate volumes. It was a much better match with the fender neo 610 which I also own, probably due to greater efficiency and more speakers. I have played the 100T into my bergantino nv 215 but again preferred the 300 or more particularly with that cab the Orange AD200. I experimented with tubes in the 100T but ended up being quite happy with the stock tubes.There is a long running thread on the 100T
    Of course, the above is IMHO/YMMV