Fender Bassman 1200, the loudest amp EVER

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Will Kelly, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

I'm looking to sell my mint condition Fender Bassman 1200. This is basically a Sunn 1200s with some minor internal upgrades. Produces 1200 watts at 2 ohms and has 4 speaker outs!

Tube preamp section (2 12AX&'s one for clean, one for dirty). Has Vintage NOS tubes in it, sounds wonderful.

Comes in a mint, lockable SKB type rack case.

I bought this amp new last year from Sam Ash after needing something with the horsepower to drive a pair of 4 ohm Acme Low B2's. This amp was more than enough. Besides being the loudest amp ever, it gets a beautiful warm sound at realistic volumes. I used it maybe four times, and it has been sitting since. It just too much amp for me!

I will get some pics up soon, but for now, here is an example pic. Comes with road case, and extra tubes.

Link to manual: http://support.fender.com/manuals/bass_amplifiers/Bassman_1200_PRO_Head_manual.pdf

$660 shipped in the lower 48. Paypal.

2. tnickk

tnickk

I have one of these and it's well worth the money.

3. jostraco

jostraco

Would this be ok to play through an 8 ohm cabinet?

4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
    yes, I think they are 450 Watts @ 8 ohm

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

I'm going to bump this once. I forgot I had even put it up for sale, but I had someone PM me about, then disappear.

I've been using it a lot lately and I actually love it, so unless someone really wants it, I'm probably going to keep it. I'll give it a few days, and then close it out.

Happy holidays yall!!