1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender Bassman 1200, the loudest amp EVER

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Will Kelly, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Will Kelly

Will Kelly Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    47   0   1

I'm looking to sell my mint condition Fender Bassman 1200. This is basically a Sunn 1200s with some minor internal upgrades. Produces 1200 watts at 2 ohms and has 4 speaker outs!

Tube preamp section (2 12AX&'s one for clean, one for dirty). Has Vintage NOS tubes in it, sounds wonderful.

Comes in a mint, lockable SKB type rack case.

I bought this amp new last year from Sam Ash after needing something with the horsepower to drive a pair of 4 ohm Acme Low B2's. This amp was more than enough. Besides being the loudest amp ever, it gets a beautiful warm sound at realistic volumes. I used it maybe four times, and it has been sitting since. It just too much amp for me!

I will get some pics up soon, but for now, here is an example pic. Comes with road case, and extra tubes.

Link to manual: http://support.fender.com/manuals/bass_amplifiers/Bassman_1200_PRO_Head_manual.pdf

$660 shipped in the lower 48. Paypal.
  2. tnickk

tnickk

0   0   0

I have one of these and it's well worth the money.
  3. jostraco

jostraco

0   0   0

Would this be ok to play through an 8 ohm cabinet?
  4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    140   0   0

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
    yes, I think they are 450 Watts @ 8 ohm
  5. Will Kelly

Will Kelly Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    47   0   1

I'm going to bump this once. I forgot I had even put it up for sale, but I had someone PM me about, then disappear.

I've been using it a lot lately and I actually love it, so unless someone really wants it, I'm probably going to keep it. I'll give it a few days, and then close it out.

Happy holidays yall!!