Fender Bassman 150

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by pavil58tb, Mar 10, 2014.

1. pavil58tb

pavil58tb

Hello all. New to the forum and to basses in general.

Wanting to mess around with the bass guitar so I found and bought a Bassman 150. Got a great deal on it even though the previous owner says it 'didn't do anything', meaning it didn't work or did so intermittently. I work in electronics so it was going to be a project either way.

So, I plugged it up this afternoon and all seems fine. Makes noise as it should and I don't hear any hum or other odd noises.

Are there know issues with this amp? I'd also like to know why I cannot seem to find any video of this amp online. Seems to little to nothing out there.

Thanks.

BrianG
  2. Alexander

Alexander

Welcome - I don't have particular experience with that amp, but I am a big fan of Fender amps in general. Some are better than others, but I find them to hold their own in terms of tone, features, quality and reliability at any given price point. Enjoy the ride!
  3. Linnin

Linnin

That old line of solid state Bassman amps were very solid amps.
  4. mhoyle

mhoyle

Hey, everyone, I have a Bassman 150 I've had for a couple years. I went to band practice Thursday night, and it suddenly was producing no output. The compressor indicator next to the input jack was flashing, so it seemed as if the preamp section was ok--there's just nothing come out of the speaker.

Anyone seen this? We double-checked all the connections and everything seemed in order. (including bass and instrument patch cable; afterwards they worked with an active DI straight into our sound board)

Just thought I would ask before I pull it apart.
  5. Register to disable this ad