Fender bassman 20

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by malone1980, Jan 20, 2010.

1. malone1980

malone1980

I just bought a fender bassman 20 for $200! the only made 500 of these and the guy who had it new nothing about it. He bought it new and only played on it a few times. Its in excellent condition and sounds great! any idea how much these are worth?
  2. LesS

LesS

3. malone1980

malone1980

what do you mean?
  4. tyrebyter

tyrebyter

To you? $200.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Volume4

Volume4

I owned one.

I'd probably have bought another one for $200

We're talking the 1x15 all tube Rivera designed model, right?

Good amp, I bought new tubes and had it brought in to be rebiased for the new tubes.

What I remember at the time, was the cost of the tubes and service turned out to be more than I bargained for and I just preferred my Ampeg B100R much more. Then I took a hit when I decided to sell it.

But it was a good, warm amp.....I just preferred the other amp....and I was kind of hoping that an all tube 1x15" would be a poor mans B-15.....I later learned the circuit designs couldn't be more different and I already owned the closest thing to a poor mans B-15 ;)

But right now, being in the market for an amp right away....I'd have probably been thrilled to grab one locally for $200 no shipping, no tax......yeah, I'd say you did very well.

How do YOU like it? ;)
  7. Volume4

Volume4

8. oggdawg

oggdawg

Cool amp, I've had one as well. I've heard the "only 500 made" thing and always took it with a grain of salt, as I've seen too many of them to believe that there were only 500 made. If you like the Fender tube sound, it's pretty much everything you'd want, although not super powerful (18 tube watts through a 15" can be surprising, though.) I think I paid around $300, and sold it for about the same.
  9. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Sounds like a great amp for practicing with a small group at reasonable levels! Enjoy.
  10. malone1980

malone1980

it sounds good and is loud for 18 watts, im definately happy with it. It has a lot of bottom end.