1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Fender Bassman 300watt TUBE - Buffalo NY area

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mellowgerman, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

This breaks my heart. Unfortunately, I'm currently jobless and have to sell this amp...
    Anyway, this is a 2008 Fender Bassman 300 Pro, all tube. These amps are no longer being made and pretty rare as a result. This one is the best amp I've ever played through. Very good condition. Everything works great and has very little wear. Original tubes work flawlessly like a brand new set. I'm the second owner and the previous owner never gigged with the amp so it has gotten very little use in its 4 year life.
    All the pro features you could ever want in a bass amp and obviously an incredible amount of power/volume.
    Killer deal at $800 GONE!. Local Buffalo area preferred; in general I would be willing to meet half way, up to 1.5 hours to make the deal. Also, if you're in NYC, Southern Connecticut, or Central Pennsylvania, let me know and we might be able to work out a sort of delivery where I do most of the driving -- I've got friends in those places that I could visit and thereby make the deal an adventure of sorts (see post #4, below, for more info)
    I would also consider a partial trade for a cheaper bass amp or maybe even a guitar or bass, but do need to get a decent chunk of cash out of this deal to cover bills.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mellowgerman

Bump. If you're interested in the amp but need it shipped, let me know i suppose. That way i can gauge interest and i can get in touch if i cave and decide to ship.

If you're in the New York City area, Southern Connecticut, or Central PA, we may be able to work something out where I can more or less deliver the amp (see two posts down on the Adventure Amendment)

3. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    Incredible amps... Good luck with the sale!

4. mellowgerman

Adventure Amendment! Alright, I've decided, to extend the deal's geographic range, I'm willing to drive to the NYC area, Southern Connecticut, or Harrisburg PA area (or anywhere between Buffalo and those places) to more or less deliver the amp. Why? I've got friends in those places that I could visit, thereby making the Bassman deal into a sort of adventure.
    In this case I would ask that we split the gas cost, but I have a very fuel efficient car and since the bassman is gigantic, it will probably still cost less than having it shipped properly. Not to mention it's waaayyyy safer than putting all this tube mass into a box and trusting UPS or FedEx with it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. change-jug

change-jug

Bump for a sweet amp at a killer price being sold by a super nice dude.

I bought a fender 300 pro last year for a whole lot more than what Mellowgerman is asking for. I`m super happy with it,it`s a great amp. Loud as hell,2 channels(1 clean,1 dirty),EQ and a built in comp all controlled by a foot switch.
    If I didn`t have my own 300 Pro you better believe I`d be driving down the thruway,ready to meet halfway for this amp!

7. DblG

DblG

Bump for a fellow WNY'er.
    Would love to try & swing this to try the tube thing out, but $$ too tight. :( And I doubt the old 1978 Peavey Mark III SS head I have would be worth much toward a trade value either... :atoz:
    GLWS

8. mellowgerman

9. klejst

klejst

Awesome deal for an awesome amp indeed. If I had the cash I would totally pick this up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.