1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender Bassman 60 Worth a Trigger Pull?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BCB50, Jan 5, 2014.

1. BCB50

BCB50

I had one of these in the mid to late 80s. I lost it when I had to get rid of all my gear thanks to wife/ex #1. It would kick the crap out of the Orange 50BTX I am using now.

I was looking on ebay and ran across this one yesterday, and put it on my watch list. The Auction ended on it, and it was re-posted today in 24 hr auction for $10 less than it was. I'm seriously thinking about waiting until the last minute and if no bids happen pulling the trigger on it and putting the Orange up, or selling it after accessing the Fender. I'm kind of thinking for around $175 with shipping into it, it wouldn't be a bad deal. Would replace a piece of the past to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181296059751?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  2. Cirk

Cirk

I'd pass on it. That amp is not as "rare" as the seller claims, and is not worth the cost of the opening bid + shipping AFAIK. The red flags really go up when the seller won't stop saying that "this is a great deal".
  3. BCB50

BCB50

I dropped it off the watch list. I figured I could pick up a used Peavey TNT 150 and do better than the 60. It would be built better and probably be about the same price. Just wanting it for home use. No rush to buy. Not GASsing that bad for a new amp.
  4. Cirk

Cirk

Good move. Not a fan of Peavey stuff myself, but they do have a good reputation for reliability. As with anything used, look it over carefully before handing over your hard-earned cash.
  5. BCB50

BCB50

Not the biggest Peavey fan either, but back in the day I had a TNT 150 which I could adjust to livable. Just going to be in house anyways.
  6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

I would not waste money on a 60W amp no matter who made it!
  7. bobcruz

bobcruz

Good call--it was way overpriced for a used 60-watt SS amp with cleverly downplayed issues in need of repair. The Peaveys show up on CL in my area in great condition for about $100.
  8. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Good call on the peavey.
  9. BCB50

BCB50

These goobs down here are trying for top dollar even on their old Peaveys. They are trying the 200-250 range. So not pulling the trigger on anything right now.

I'll take eat some Tums to deal with the GAS and sit back for a month or so and go by new.
  10. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

[​IMG]

And there will be no gas :D
  11. gareth dunster

gareth dunster

I have a ban 60 that was gifted. It's not that great, is very bulky and has gone wrong.
  12. BCB50

BCB50

lol might work.
  13. BCB50

BCB50

I bought one new back in 87-88 it was a good amp. I decided to just let things settle for a couple of paydays and get a 100BXT. the 50BXT sounds good just a little passive when a little more punch would be nice
  14. Major Softie

Major Softie

That's nearly what I paid for a like new Bassman 250 210. You can do much better for that much money.
  15. bobcruz

bobcruz

A lot of people overprice their gear and it just sits there--you see the same ads for months and months with no reduction in price. The ones that are priced right sell fast. Good luck, you'll find something for a good price if you're not in a hurry.
  16. BCB50

BCB50

I ended up pulling the trigger on a TNT 100. Will do for now in a 2 bedroom apartment.
  17. BCB50

BCB50

The Peavey showed up yesterday. It's showing it's age. Needs a good cleaning. Will be getting some Deoxit and work the pots a little after I get home from work. Blow the insides out with the compressor and a few shots of Deoxit. Then off with the corner caps, and the rest of the metal hardware for a cleaning and some black paint. The cab will get a brush and Windex scrubbing and maybe a shot of Armour All to clean it up. Then a set of casters because I'm not lugging when rolling will work just fine.

It sounds good for it's age. I adjusted it out last night and it blows the Orange I have out of the water. So for a little to nothing investment and some elbow grease I think it will do for now.