Fender Bassman 6X10 Neo

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Gougedeye, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Just unpacked this thing! I haven't had much time with it, and I used my Rumble 350 head, but at first blush, this thing is tight and punchy! I'm going to use my RH750 tomorrow for band practice for a different comparision. I think this thing is going to be cool, but I'll post my findings tomorrow after my practice. This cab has several nice features like a diamondplate kickplate, nice built in wheels and handles at the top of the cab for pretty easy manueverability. The best by far, however...it weighs 77 lbs.! I have the Super Bassman 300 watt tube head on its way as well, so I may very well be on my way to bass nirvana!

2. rodl2005

rodl2005

Wow! 77 lbs! Great for a 610. Be interested to hear how the RH750 & Super 300 go thru it.
    Congrats!

3. steamthief

steamthief

Subscribed, looking forward to hearing your thoughts - congratulations!

4. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    Keep us updated. I'd love to find a cabinet lighter than my Bassman 300 Pro. ;)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Chris Breese

Chris Breese

7. knappymer

knappymer

8. ErnieD

ErnieD Supporting Member

I've been checking out 610 cabs recently, most are around 125lbs or much more. Was looking for a Markbass 610 to try to get as lite as possible. Those cabs are hard to find.

AND I saw a band on either Lettermen or Leno the other nite. Bassist had a Fender rig, I couldn't recognize the cab size at first. Looked brand new so I figured not a vintage rig. Then I recalled Fender's new cabs/heads.

I think that was mighta been the 610 with one of the new Fender heads on it. The cab was bigger than a 410 but I did not think it was a 412 or coulda been a 215. Either way, 77lbs 610 sounds nice. Hoping the cab actually "sounds nice" too. ;) Let us know.

9. klejst

klejst

Awesome purchase and I too will be interested in hearing your thoughts on it once you have played it more. I would love it if my Mesa PH610 cab was only 77 pounds and not 134, but I love it too much to get rid of it! If you ask me 610 cabs is where it is at. Give you more than a 4x10 and about as much as an 8x10 with smaller weight and size. I too have been GAS'ing for one of those new heads, cannot wait to hear what you have to say about your Super Bassman.

10. Gougedeye

A couple of pics. Sorry for the poor quality. The Super Bassman head ships in 2 weeks or so. So far the cab is just what I was looking for. Tight, punchy and easily moved. More to come.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
  12. rodl2005

rodl2005

13. Gougedeye

Yes ported. I used my RH750 with it tonight at practice and I would be totally comfortatable using this set up anywhere. I had to tweek the TC head a bit, but in just a few minutes I was up and running and had a really solid sound all night. My band plays pretty energetic Blues/Funk/Rock type stuff. I tell you what, I had no problem finding my place in the mix. The sound was very present, but not too loud. It was fun! I look forward to the tube head, but for now, this cab is a winner in my book.

14. NecroticImbecil

NecroticImbecil

4 Ohms? 3 of them would look nice with my 400PS. If I ever took it out of my house.

15. Gougedeye

rated @ 4ohms and 800 watts

16. NecroticImbecil

NecroticImbecil

Cool. Like what I see and read so far about the new Bassman line. Seems like a good blend of vintage and modern features, with the classic Fender look. I hope it does well for them.

17. ErnieD

ErnieD Supporting Member

I also see the black front grilled 610 cab. I can see its heavier bout 115lbs IIRC, suppose it has ceramic drivers. Its about 200 bucks less than the neo 610.

The black front 610 looks pretty short, heightwise, in the pics. Any tonal or build quality differences between these two Fender 610's?

18. Gougedeye

This neo 6X10 is pretty compact. I can't use my towelbar bass hanger with it. I don't know the dimensions of the ceramic driver 6X10, but I imagine they are pretty close to the same. I'll measure when I get a chance. I don't have anything to compare to tonally, because I've never played the 6X10 PRO. I will say this NEO cab is tight and punchy, with plenty of lowend. So far this cab does what I want it to. As I delve deeper into this stuff, I'll try to give honest feedback, as best as I can.

19. Gougedeye

Fender finally has some specs up on their sight. According to those, the PRO 610 and the NEO 610 are exactly the same size, 37 inches tall and 26 inches wide. The PRO is made from 7 ply birch plywood and the NEO is made form "light weight" plywood. The resulting difference is 40 lbs.! 117 for the PRO and 77 for the NEO. More to come.

20. JohnnyChatter

JohnnyChatter

I have the fender pro 810. I was thinking about trading it in for a neo. The thing weights a ton! I love the sound. Not sure how it would change tonally between the two. Im still kind of young so ill probably end up hauling the pro around for a little longer. Post some more pics!

21. JohnnyChatter

JohnnyChatter

It would also be rad if there was a 215 neo. Just saying. The 215 pro sounds rad.