1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender Bassman Or GK RBX?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Dweebl, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Dweebl

Dweebl

I wonder if someone could help me decide on a purchase.

I'm looking for a 410 cab in the $300 range to match with my Hartke LH500. I play in a punk band with two guitars so I need a least adequate volume. I can get the MBX for $300 or the Bassman for $200.

I'm looking at 410s because I like the punch. I don't really want to have to lug a full stack around, so for the gigs we're playing at the moment, a half stack is a good size.

Here are links to the ads.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/msg/4087312685.html

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/msg/4064086443.html

The GK is 400w RMS at 8 Ohms
    The bassman is 350w (I think) at 8 Ohms.

Which is the better cab and/or the better deal?
  2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

The gk bass cab would sound phenomenal with your hartke lh500. I own a hartke lh500 and played it through a gk neo 4x10 and it sounded phenomenal. it delivers warm beefy sounds and it makes me more noticeable in the band mix. especially in a band with 3 guitar players. it is my opinion that gk bass cabs would match very well with the hartke lh500. fender's a good choice too, but gk is a good bass cab to purchase.
  3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Just one point of clarification- you're looking at 410's because "you like the punch", but not all 410's sound the same, and "punch" is certainly not a given. Play each cab and listen with your ears, not your eyes. The diameter of a spkr alone tells you nothing. Good luck.