1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender bassman pro 4x10 ... Where are they?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Fletz, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

I've been eager to try one of these 55 lb 4x10s but haven't seen one anywhere. I am in the NY/NJ area - even went to the big stores in NYC. Anyone play one? Thoughts?
  2. bodoger

bodoger

I have one I run with a Carvin BX600 it sounds great but after 30 years of moving cabs and other assorted gear it is a pita to move around.
  3. pfschim

pfschim Supporting Member

I got to use one for a month during the summer, along with one of the new 300w Super Bassman amps. Sounded spectacular to me, and I don't typically like 10 loaded cabs. The 4x10 handled the power of the SB300 well.
  4. Marko5657

Marko5657 Supporting Member

I believe they’ve been discontinued for four or five years.

[​IMG]

Can’t say much ‘cept they sound great. :)

Edit: maybe we’re talking different cabs. These are the Pros, and I think they weight 74lb each.
  5. JerryD

JerryD

6. Marko5657

Marko5657 Supporting Member

Hmmm… is that relatively new? Those must be the remake of the Pros that were discontinued.

These are the Pros that have been discontinued.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/fender-410-pro-4x10-bass-speaker-cabinet
  7. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member