1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

fender bassman tv 10 flat setting

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by pbass888, Apr 8, 2012.

1. pbass888

pbass888 Supporting Member

I play at this place in midtown that has a fender TV bassman 10 inch amp in a jazz setting (sax piano guitar and bass). We do real book stds etc and I am new to this amp. First time playing it I noticed that high noon was not a 'flat setting' or even close. Ive been looking on the web but wonder if anyone knows a good flatish setting (using a jazz bass mia rounds).

I dont own the amp or get a lot of chance to mess with it before or after we play, so any help is much appreciated!

thanks in advance!

2. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Bass and Treble on 2 and Mid on 10. Mid is cut only and the Bass and Treble are boost only.

At least I think that's how they describe it.

3. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

That is how I understand it too, and I own and use a TV Ten. Great amp!

4. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Hi, I had the TV12 & changed it for the TV10, as they are so powerful the TV10 is more portable for me. I describe it is the guitarist's Fender Blues Junior of the bass World, a powerful professional little beast.

This link will answer your questions. Watch it to the end. A lot to be learned.

Regards,
    Bassman 100 (+50 !)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pbass888

Johnny, Rob and Bassman100 thank you so much! I appreciate it . can't wait till Saturday to play it.
    Thanks again!

7. DWLANG

DWLANG

I'll be damned.

So THAT'S how I work this thing...:hyper:

8. pbass888

The hartke l1000 i played last week in a studio had the same flat settings as this according to larry. Similar to the old bassman. A mid cut only.....high noon setting would give a scooped sound.

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    You might have to play around with the bass and treble to get it the way you like it because 2-10-2 is a little bit oversimplified, but that is the general ballpark for near-flat.

10. pbass888